Training

Sansa awoke to a new world. This engagement did not feel like the others. She did not feel duty bound nor forced. She had very much made the choice for herself and felt like an equal participant, rather than a prisoner held captive. Another difference was that this engagement was to be kept secret until the Queen announced it and there would need to be an event fitting for the occasion, which at this moment in time, there was not. Sansa did not so much worry that people would not know of her attachment, for her engagement was not to be shown off to the masses, it was for she and Petyr, to enjoy together and something about that fact seemed so much more truthful and pure than her previous matrimonies.

Petyr could not believe that the world he lived in was real. Sansa had agreed to marry him and she, in due course, was going to be his wife. It all seemed so surreal and mystical that he could hardly believe it. He wished that he could stand in the middle of the square and scream his joy at the top of his lungs. However, the engagement was to be kept secret, but that would not stop Petyr from spending every moment he could with Sansa.

As soon as Varys saw them, he knew what had happened. Sansa blushed under Petyr's gaze and when he asked her if he may have tea with her, she smiled gleefully at him and accepted. Their relationship was pure and simple, there were no treaties, no merging of houses, simply a Lord and Lady who had decided that they could not live their lives without one another. Varys smiled knowingly, he was so glad for Sansa, this was everything she had ever wanted, and this time, nothing stood in the way of her happiness.

After breakfast, Tyrion and Sansa walked together. The question hung in the air and Tyrion longed to ask, but knew that he could not.
"You seem in very fine spirits, Lady Sansa." He commented, watching her blush beneath her braids.
"Yes, my Lord. my current circumstances have made me very gleeful indeed." She explained herself, vaguely enough that she was not breaking any rules.
"I am glad. You deserve every bit of happiness. You have suffered so much, been through more marriages than anyone ought and have emerged on the other side." He stated as they stopped in the garden.
"I do hope that you shall find the same happiness in time. You are a fine man, Lord Tyrion and you deserve happiness." She returned the compliment, which caused Tyrion to uncharacteristically blush.
"Well, perhaps at some point, I shall find that happiness. However, for now, I must leave you. Good day, my Lady." Tyrion bowed and Sansa watched him walk off, filled with determination.

A letter had arrived before Sansa and Petyr's tea. But she decided that she should open it in his company.
"Read it to me, my little wolf." He commanded and Sansa began to read the letter.
"Dear Sansa,
I have secured some parchment and ink from my captain but I fear that it is in short supply. I am sorry how I left things in Westeros, but I have learnt so much since I have left. I have been accepted into the society of the Western people and have become a combat tutor to the young boys and girls. I feel I have a true purpose here and I hope that within time, you shall forgive me." Sansa looked down at the parchment and wondered how to feel. Petyr waited for Sansa to begin before making his verdict.
"I think it is positive that she is happy. I would not have wanted to her to stay if she would have been miserable and I think my sister shall always be miserable if she has not travelled to every corner of the world." Sansa chuckled, understanding how little her sister had changed.
"If it was what was right for her, then I am glad that she has gone. She has never been one to play by the rules, perhaps a bit of a lone wolf dare I say." Petyr rubbed his thumb against the back of Sansa's hand, in comfort.
"Yes, I think that you are quite right. Arya had always been more comfortable with solitude than any of the other girls in Winterfell. Perhaps she was always destined to be an explorer." She smiled, at peace with the situation.

They sat and drank their tea in silence for a long while, ignorant of the commotion that was being caused inside. Daario Naharis had returned, alongside Sir Jorah Mormont, to aid the Queen. Daenerys had always known that they would not stay away. However, their arrival was quite the surprise nonetheless. However, Sansa and Petyr dined out in the grounds, unaware of the happenings of the Queen.
"Do you ever think the Queen shall be wed?" Sansa asked, wondering what future lay ahead for Daenerys Targaryen.
"I believe she must, if not for Westeros' sake, for the Targaryen's name's sake. She is the only surviving Targaryen and whether she wishes to acknowledge it or not, her house will die out if she does not have children." He stated bluntly. Sansa blushed at the idea of the Queen being in such a compromising position. However, she knew that Petyr spoke the truth.
"Do you think that she shall marry for love, or for duty?" Sansa asked, wondering if the Queen could hold onto her throne if she did not marry a highborn Westerosi man.
"I do not think the Queen shall be persuaded into matrimony. I believe that she shall marry whom she pleases, as it should be." Sansa nodded, once again knowing that he was correct. The rest of their time together was spent speaking about Jon and the men of the North, as well as Brienne and Tormund, who both Petyr and Sansa had guessed were in some kind of secret relationship.

Daenerys stared at the now scarred skin of Jorah Mormont in wonder, touching it with the pads of her fingertips. Although pink and puffy, the infection had gone.
"You are healed?" She asked, knowing that he would not let her touch him if he were not. All Jorah could do was nod. Daenerys did not ask the method, not wanting to hear of the brutal trials he had undergone. All that mattered was that he was safe and on the road to recovery.
"Your Majesty, I have not travelled alone. I warned him not to come. However, he insisted." Jorah rambled, his head facing the ground.
"Who?" She asked, her voice stern and her eyes sterner still. Before Jorah could reply, there he was. Daario stood in the doorway, eyes wide in awe of the vision that was her and a pathetic smile plastered on his face.
"My hand shall have a room arranged for you. Go, Sir Jorah and enjoy the delights that are the Red Keep." Daenerys dismissed him, never taking her eyes from Daario.
"Yes, my Queen." Jorah replied, leaving very much with his tail between his legs.

Now they were left alone, old lovers and close allies.
"You look different." He commented, noticing her different style of dress.
"I told you to stay in Dragon's Bay." Daenerys scolded, turning her back from him.
"I left the command to my most trusted companion. He is far superior to me in every way." Daario reassured Daenerys.
"Good, perhaps he shall stay, rather than leaving his post." She taunted him and he sucked it up, knowing that he would have to receive his punishment.
"I-I could not stay away." He whispered, looking down to the ground.
"So you let your lust overcome you? That is not the sign of a man of strength." Daengerys turned to look at him.
"You think it is only lust I feel for you? If it were only lust then I might have stayed with the whores of Dragon's bay. I lo-"
"Do not speak those words. I can not hear them." She held her hand up stopping him.
"I suggest you go and find Jorah and enjoy the gardens with him whilst I decide what to do with you." She scolded him, to which he bowed and left, holding his head high, knowing that she would accept him eventually.

She watched him leave and for the first time since becoming Queen she cried. Daenerys sat on the floor of her bedchamber and wept like a child. She loved him, she knew that now. But she did not want to and she wished with all of her might that she might overcome this emotion. But she knew that it was no use. He had her body and her soul and all that she could do now was give in. She had not felt anything when she had left him, but only seeing him now had made her realise how utterly alone she had been. Her flesh tingled seeing his hands and his arms that had held her so many times. She desired to be held and then, in a moment of genius, thought of a way to divert her energy: Sansa. No doubt Sansa was just as scared and ignorant as she had been when she had first been married to Drogo. Daenerys knew that Sansa had been married many times before, but they had never been true marriages and she wanted to ensure that Sansa would have a healthy marriage. So, Daenerys wiped away her tears and requested from the men who always kept guard outside of her door to fetch Sansa Stark, who was about to undergo some of the most important training of her life.