Venturing North

Tormund was greeted with open arms. He was now a friend of the crown and as a friend of the crown, he was welcomed most warmly.
"What news from the North?" Daenerys asked. Tormund took a deep breath, wishing he did not have to relay this information.
"Things are not well in the North. The harvest is failing and we have little food, not enough to feed all of the families. We prioritise women and children, but the men are becoming weak, and the white walkers are continuing south." Daenerys shook her head. She could not let her country suffer.
"We shall send fruits of the southern harvest north and I must ask one thing of you." Daenerys announced.
"What is it?" Tormund replied in a way unbefitting of the Queen, but befitting of Tormund. Donors did not notice, or if she did, she did not show it.
"I would like you to take a message to Jon Snow." She stated and watch Tormund's face fall.
"I have been told by Jon Snow to remain here, as a representative of the North." He answered back, much to the surprise of everyone in the room.
"Is that so? Well, someone else shall have to deliver this message, as it is too sensitive for a pigeon." Sansa had not thought of volunteering, until she had opened her mouth.
"I shall go." She announced proudly. Nobody had expected Sansa to volunteer and the room fell into a stunned silence.
"Are you sure?" Daenerys asked, sad to see Sansa go.
"Yes, it will be good for me to see my brother." She explained and Daenerys nodded, accepting the decision.

Petyr was furious when he got wind of Sansa's journey to the North. She was being childish. He had turned her away and now she was throwing a tantrum, a tantrum that could risk her life. He had not been present when she had made her decision, else he would have stopped it immediately. The North was no longer safe, and he could not have her putting herself in danger.

Varys understood what was going on. Baelish had been engaged to the girl for quite some time and she was becoming impatient. He had grown less affectionate in public, out of fear of people's gossip. Varus was a little disappointed in his colleague. He knew Petyr to be an outspoken man, who did not bow to the whims of others. But on this he was being budged and it did not suit him.
"You know the North is not safe." He stated to Sansa, as they walked through the Vale.
"Yes, I know." She sighed, he felt sorry for her, feeling she had to resort to something so drastic.
"You know, you could make him suffer a different way, a way that would not put you in danger." Sansa's head snapped up, knowing that she had been found out, then she shook her head.
"I just need to get away." She looked down to the ground, wishing that it had not come to this. Varys watched her leave, he wished that he could stop her from going. He felt a kind of paternal affection for her and it pained him, seeing her go to the North.

Sansa would not see anyone for the rest of the day. She could not stand to see Petyr and she certainly would not sit through him lecturing her on what a bad idea it was to go and how she was to stay at the Vale. She simply would not have it. So, she asked Brienne to man her door while she spent the day making a new dress.

He had tried to go to her, to talk her out of this silly plan, but he had come up against Brienne and even the best of men knew that going up against Brienne of Tarth was a bad idea. So, he left her and his mind became bitter. If she wanted to go, she could go. He would know if she cared if she returned to him. She wanted to be a child and tantrum, he would deny her the attention that she was striving for. He had no doubt in his mind that she would come back, begging for forgiveness for being so childish.

But Sansa had no intention of begging, nor returning to Petyr before she left. She was hurt, he had changed like the wind and she was ready to take a break from it all and venture back to the North.

Daenerys embraced her as she stood in front of the carriage. She would be travelling for two days and two nights. But she had no intention of leaving her carriage for the length of the journey. She wanted to be alone. This was what this whole trip was about, being away from Petyr and away from her thoughts. Daenerys slipped a note into Sansa's pocket.
"Please, deliver this message to Jon Snow." She gave Sansa her orders and she embraced her one final time, before watching her get into the carriage.