Confusion

That day, Sansa presented the Queen with her gown.
"Oh, I love it!" She exclaimed, looking at herself in the mirror.
"You are simply wonderful!" She cried, her fingers running over the embroidery. Sansa felt her cheeks blush. She was glad that the Queen enjoyed her dress, but she wished to be alone, not feeling in the mood to be around others.
"Thank you, your Highness, I am so glad that you like it." Sansa curtsied to the Queen.
"I do so wish that I could stay and spend more time in your company, but I am afraid that I have a meeting with Lord Baelish." She squeezed Sansa's arm before leaving her alone.

Varys watched her, as he had many times before. He had seen Sansa Stark become strong and confident over time. But today was different. She stood in the Throne Room, looking down into the gardens. He was unsure what she was looking at, but what he did know was that she was different this day, to all of the others since she had returned to King's Landing. She looked weak and hurt. He approached her, standing beside her, watching the Queen walk with Lord Baelish around the gardens, smiling and laughing, exchanging moments of affection.
"This appears to be my spot as of late." Sansa began, to the surprise of Varys.
"Do you know which boat she left on?" He asked, knowing that Arya had left at sunrise.
"I do not think that it matters so much. She is gone and I am left to tackle the restoration of the House." She sighed, speaking matter of factly.
"If it is any consolation, you are a far superior leader to your sister. I would trust the future of the Stark house unto your hands rather than hers any day." He smiled down at her and watched as her eyes never left them, walking, hands touching arms every now and then.
"But how must my house progress if not through marriage?" She asked, knowing that despite everything she might tell herself, marriage and children were a necessity to the continuation of the house." Varys saw how she watched Petyr and knew that a deeper question was being asked.
"Of course, marriage is a large part of strengthening a house. But, you should not marry if you do not wish it. The time for such things is over." He assured her, wondering now if her feelings for Baelish were as strong as he once thought.
"How can I wish it if my suitor will not even ask me? Perhaps he is seeing if it is possible to rise higher." She watched as Petyr charmed the Queen with his wit and quick thinking.
"Then, if that is the case. He is not a suitor worth having." Varys also looked down at Petyr, shaking his head. He was breaking the poor girl's heart out of his own greed and selfishness.
"Perhaps there is no suitor for me. Perhaps I am cursed to live a life alone." Sansa mused, wondering if perhaps she was not as charming as she had once thought.
"Do not ever say such things. You are one of the finest women in Westeros. You wait and fine men shall be flocking from all seven kingdoms for your hand in marriage and perhaps then this suitor of yours will not be of as much importance." He smiled up at her and finally she looked away from Petyr, up to Varys and smiled.
"I am not sure I would like them to flock." She chuckled.
"Well, my dear, you nor I can control the actions of men around a beautiful women." He jested, holding an arm out to her.
"Come, let us eat." He offered and Sansa nodded, feeling in far higher spirits in the company of Varys than alone.

Brienne had completed her selection for the Queen's guard. She had chosen a fine group, consisting mostly of men, but also one woman. There was one man who shone above the rest, a young man from Tarth, Brienne's homeland.
"He really is very good." She assured Tormund whilst finishing her last mouthful of meat.
"Yes, I am sure he is." He sulked. He was scared of how accustomed he was becoming to the finery of King's Landing. If his Father had seen him in this moment he would be ashamed. But he knew, in a way that being in King's Landing was a massive opportunity for him, giving him a chance at a better life. He wondered if he deserved it, knowing that he wanted it and this conflict brought within him a great amount of turmoil. The mention of this new knight that Brienne was so fond of pushed his temper further. She had been his rock, allowing him to help her in her duties and informing him of the Westerosi customs. She had, in the past, suggested that there was a romantic attachment between them. But, as of late, the passion that had burned between them had all but died and Tormund feared that this new knight had all but come in and stolen Brienne away from him.
"He is quicker with a sword than anyone I have ever seen!" He wanted to remain silent, but he could not.
"I do not understand you, woman!" He shouted, slamming his fist down on the table, taking Brienne by complete surprise.
"I let myself become attached as a man does with a woman, believing that you were the same and now I hear that this new knight has stolen you from me and taken place in your heart and bed no doubt!" He shouted and not a second later, Brienne stood and slapped him clean across the face, offended by his comment. He caught her hand afterwards and pulled her down onto his lap. If he had sensed any resistance, he would have let her go. But, he noticed the smirk appear on her face and entangled his arms around her waist, pressing his lips forcefully against Brienne's. She entangled her fingers in his hair and pulled tighter than usual, causing him to gruffly moan into her mouth.
"All that I said was that he was good with a sword you silly jealous man!" She scolded him in jest.
"Well a man can do many things with his sword." Tormind replied, bucking his hips and causing Brienne to cry out in laughter. It was completely and utterly improper, but that was what made it so absolutely delicious.