Relocation

Sansalaid in the bath, her hair smelt of smoke and the heat of the fire still lingered on her skin. Her mind had not yet adjusted to the reality of what had happened.
"Please relax. We shall fret about what has passed in the morning." Petyr whispered in her ear. They had never been so intimate before and Sansa made it her goal to relax as much as possible. She laid back against his chest and let her eyes fall shut. She could feel his heartbeat through her spine and his slow, deep breaths lulled her into a relaxation.

He helped her out of the bath and led Sansa to the bedroom. Her eyes were drooping shut and her limbs began to fail her. So Petyr supported her, until they could lay together.
"I don't want us to be separated." She whispered into his chest.
"I know they will come for me." She added. Petyr saw the glisten of a tear leave her eye.
"I will not let them." He stated.
"You know that they will come sooner or later, and take me away until we are wed." Petyr sighed, knowing this to be the truth.
"I don't want a big wedding in front of every Lord and Lady in the seven Kingdoms. I've done it all before." She sighed, discouraged. Petyr remained silent and pulled her close. He would sort this for her, he would give Sansa what she wanted.

Daenerys had moved past the distress and the horror the next morning, as she sat at the head of the small council meeting.
"I don't know what to say." She began.
"My dragon has done great damage to the Red Keep and I do not know how to fix it." She admitted. There was no need to be coy and lie. Better to tell the truth and admit her faults.
"Your honesty is admirable, your Majesty. I suggest we begin by getting the dragons out of King's Landing. Perhaps taking them to a place where they can have as many sheep as they please and free space to roam, outside of the city?" Varys began. Daenerys nodded, knowing that this would have to happen at one point or another.
"Very well, but they must be taken care of by good men and women." She insisted.
"I wouldn't have it any other way." Varys agreed.

Petyr now had his time to speak.
"The Red Keep is ruined for the time being. We can not remain whilst the repairs are taking place. I suggest that we relocate to the Vale, until the restoration is complete."
"I do not know if that is a good idea." Tyrion objected.
"Your castle has been desecrated. I am the closest, with a home large enough for us all."
"I agree with Lord Baelish. We should leave whilst the workers restore the Red Keep. I do not want anyone else getting hurt." Daenerys agreed, her voice definitive.

The visitors had packed away what things they could find and had left King's Landing as soon as they could. Sansa spent the day in Peytr's home, wishing she could leave, but knowing that she would be spotted and escorted somewhere else, away from Petyr.

The small council worked tirelessly to employ men to work on the castle.
"It was a good thing you began the trade of dragonglass so early, your Majesty. Else we would have been in financial ruin with the costs of this fire." Petyr stated, sitting with the Queen, organising the work.
"How soon can we travel to the Vale? All that we need is the small council, the Queen's Guard and the few guests." Daenerys was ready to leave the scene of destruction.
"We can leave as early as tomorrow, if your hand can arrange the transport."
"I shall get on that now." Tyrion huffed, sulking off. He so wished he could provide the Queen with a home, but it was true what Baelish had said, Casterly Rock had been ambushed when Cersei had been defeated. And although it was in fine shape for his cousin and the restoration was taking place, it was no place for a Queen.

With Tyrion on the preparations, the group were ready to leave by the net morning. Sansa had not been informed of the decision to move, until Petyr came home, in the middle of the night, exhausted.
"Be prepared to travel in the morning." He murmured to her as he laid beside her.
"Where?" She asked, wondering where they would go that could be an alternative to King's Landing.
"The Vale. Now sleep, we have a long day tomorrow." Sansa felt a calm wash over her, knowing that she would be back at the Vale. It was a place that brought her a great sense of calm and peace. She would be glad to return to it.

The morning was chaos. However, Sansa saw none of it. She sat in the carriage, with her needlework and sewed away happily, waiting to leave.

Daenerys, however, was in the centre of the happenings. She had sent off the dragons first thing in the morning, sending them to a highland somewhere, a place that Varys recommended that she had never heard of. She was sure that they would be taken care of and that they would cause no more damage.

Once everything was set, the carriages began their trek to the Vale. Petyr was the last to climb into his carriage, with Sansa. And when he did so, he was relieved to hear the quiet of Sansa sewing on her own. He sat opposite her and watched her skillful hands push the needle through the material time and time again. The constant motion relaxed him. Sansa wondered if she should say anything, to break the silence. But when she saw how concentrated he seemed on her hands, she decided against it.

Daenerys watched the scenery go by as they rode to the Vale. She felt like a failure. She had managed to ruin one of the oldest, most beautiful buildings in Westeros. Not even Cersei had done that. No doubt there would be revolts against her now.
"Stop panicking. We all make mistakes." Jorah assured her. She huffed and rolled her eyes.
"There's making a mistake and there's burning down the Red Keep, almost killing everyone inside." She shook her head, nuzzling into her fur shawl, that she had recently been gifted.
"But you did not kill anyone. No civilian has died wrongfully at your hand. And that is more than any other King or Queen can say." Daenerys huffed and ignored his comment, not in the mood to be flattered.

The journey was long, and the further north they travelled, the colder the weather became. Sansa felt at one with the bitter chill. But Daenerys had never experienced a cold like it. When they arrived, she did not have time to appreciate the beauty of the Vale, or meet Lord Arryn, she was immediately rushed in front of a fire, to warm her.

Sansa took time to explore her old home once more. Lord Arryn greeted her:
"Lady Stark." With a bow and that was all. Petyr later told her that he was angry at them both for marrying, as Sansa was to be his bride prior to their engagement.

The snow was thick on the ground and it gave Sansa a sense of deja vu as she walked around the courtyard, her shoes sinking into the snow.

Once again, Petyr watched her. She seemed far more comfortable here, in the snow, than she had in the sun. She was one that belonged in the cold, a flower that thrived in snow. He watched as her cheeks grew red and her lips turned rosy and he could not resist.
"I see you have settled back into your kingdom of snow." He called to her, gaining her attention. Sansa smiled up at him.
"I must admit that I have missed it." She stated, gazing down at the snow.
"I think everyone is relieved to be away from the fire."
"All except the Queen." Sansa retorted, jesting with him.
"She will come to enjoy it." He assured her.
"I am sure you are right." She agreed.

They spent a few moments in silence as he watched her. She moved he snow around with her right foot, watching it as it molding into itself. He smiled, seeing her so happy and fascinated in her natural environment.
"You always were happier in the snow." He cooed to her, pulled her into a tight embrace. He pulled her face close to his, just like before. He could smell the sweet scent of her on her breath and he pressed his lips against hers. The winter wind hit them both and they shivered against one another, but their lips did not part, not for more than a second. It was finally like it had been, just Petyr and Sansa, without any interference from the south.