Background Story of the Main Character

Hello

My name is Cyclone and I was a 13 years old boy living in Pulau Rintis. So today, I will be sharing with you the story my entire life.

13 years ago, my mother gave birth to me along with my two brothers, Earthquake and Thunderstorm, or also known as Quake and Thunder. Her delivery went very smoothly and she was very excited about her three kids.

The doctors took my and my siblings away to check on our condition. They returned very shortly and told mom that all three of us were healthy babies. They, however, had overlooked a certain problem.

A week after mom's discharge from the hospital, she and my father brought us to our new home. Dad was happy about our arrival to the world and wanted to spoil us with his love and give us everything that he can offer.

That night, though, I suddenly begin to cry and scream in my cot. Mom hurried into our room and tried to get me to stop crying but I wouldn't stop. Even after she had fed me and checked me over, my cryings wouldn't stop.

As she hugged me close to her, she noticed a few small paper-like items in my cot.She dismissed it as some kind of little rubbish or something like that. However, she still couldn't stifle my cries. She started to get worried so she woke dad up and after making sure that someone will look after her other two babies, she and dad hurried me to the hospital.

After two hours, the doctors shared with my parents the bad news. Turns out the flakes mom had discovered in my cot wasn't some random piece of rubbish.

It was my own skin.

I was suffering from Epidermolysis bullosa, or also known as the Butterfly Skin disease. Before you start asking me question about this disease, I'll tell you some info about it.

The disease is a type of non-contagious skin disease. It usually cause blisters to appear on the skin which can be very painful. These blisters appear mainly because of the action of rubbing against the skin. Even the tiniest friction can cause a few blisters to appear.

Some kids do not live past a year old while many died at the age of five due to the painful disease.

Somehow, mom managed to help me to live through my childhood till I became a teenager , possibly making me the the oldest person to have ever live while suffering the Butterfly Skin.

I should be in the Guinness World Record.

Anyways, beside the usual pain and sick feeling of my disease (which was considered pretty mild), me and my small family live a normal life. Mom even had more children with dad, which resulted in my younger siblings who each have extremely different personalities.

We were a "happy family" if that's what you want to call it. The only problem is, dad didn't want anything less than perfection. He wanted what he envisioned a perfect family, with him as a husband, a beautiful and charming wife and perfect kids who did not have anything unusual about them.

As you can guess, I was what most you would like to call it, dad's kryptonite. I was dad's version of a mistake. The small  dent that was sort of harmless but can ruin his perfectly planned future. So, I wasn't really dad's favorite kid.

Mom, however, cherished every moment she and us brothers had spend together. It didn't matter if I was suffering from any kind of disease or if I was born with only my head and my torso (she used to joke about it), my imperfection, according to her, was what makes me unique. You know, the usual things parents said to cheer their not-so-perfect kids.

Still, it was heart-warming to hear her saying those words.

Three years, eight months and five days after my youngest brothers, Thorn and Solar, were born, dad decided to end things with mom. None of them would let us hear what they were talking about that night, but I could hear a little about their conversation, mostly just words and phrases like "getting worse", " annoying", "weird kid" and so on. If I were to be extremely quiet with my ear up against my door, I could hear the sniffles and screaming from their argument, mostly from my mother.

Two days after the fight, dad packed up his things in a suitcase. He told us (or rather his two favorite kids, Thunder and Quake) that he would be going on a business trip and was not coming back home for a long time. I believed it, until mom came back with the divorce paper.

I was seven when my parents broke up. Seven freakin years old.

Since then, mom slowly became a workaholic. It was up to her to raise her seven kids who were getting even rowdier as days went by. Later, she found a job in America and decided to move to there and start working.

"I  would still be back on holidays. It's just that I can't spend all my time with you anymore, but I promise to be back whenever I can." She said as she carefully ruffle my hair. "I'll even bring back gifts if I can." She promised.

Then she left for the airport, leaving 2 teenage boys, 1 sick boy, a crazy pair of  twins and another twin who clearly have some kind of issue.

At first, the house was actually sort of quiet. Probably with mom's pretense missing, we probably had no idea what to do, that including Thunderstorm and Earthquake. But we eventually realized that we still had to continue our lives even though we have no idea how to operate as usual. But the clothes aren't gonna wash themselves, are they?

Years later, Quake, Thunder and I are in high school. Ice, Blaze and Solar  are about to graduate from primary school,even though Solar exactly 4 years younger than the older kids and Thorn is in Grade 2.

Our lives without our mother had slowly become a normal thing. We had our everyday routine, mainly waking up, get dressed, go to school, go home, finish our homework, eat dinner and go to bed.

Mom send us some money every month that was enough to let us have food, certain items that we need for school, items for chores and occasionally entertainment purposes. She still visits us every so often as she had promised, bringing us whatever gifts she can afford for us. Her visits are usually the highlights of our lives.

Yeah so... basically, you already know my background. Besides the fact of me having a skin disease, my story is kinda boring, isn't it?

So I'll get into the main points soon, the more interesting ones.

Soon.