Epilogue

(Pls take note that this epilogues is not the ending. The ending is the last chapter but just to make this book a little bit happier, here's a happier extra to the last cringey chapter :'D)

It's been a couple of  years since Cyclone's death.

Our family has somehow managed to get over his death. The process was slow but we managed to overcome our grief.

Quake and I are studying in a quite well-known college while the twins are having their SPM test this year, which they seem to be neither caring or worried over them since I found some of their reference books and textbooks in the rubbish bin.

The last two boys are in thr same high school. Thorn is in Form 2, which is totally fine, and Solar in in Form 4 this year, even though he's only 13 year old and should be in Form 1. But the teachers were so fascinated with his works, calculations and what other boring things that were so advanced that they decided to let him advance his education. So while other peeps his age are pouring over things like reproduction, sets and other basic stuffs, he's trying out chemical experiments and other things that a normal student shouldn't be studying.

Oh, yeah. Mom finally found a good job that allows her to earn quite a sum of money. The place where she works is closer to our home so she could visit us more often than usual.

To sum it all up, our days are getting better than what it had been before. Although the grief over death of Cyclone is still sort of in the air, we are quite content with the life we are living in. Mom even got me a new IPod for my birthday. I remembered being so excited about it and immediately took it out with me to listen to music as I did my usual jog around the park.

After two hours or running, I was exhausted and sat down on the nearest bench I could find. From my view, I could see some children playing with a ball and an old couple who was watching the children as well. The sun was about to set so the view was quite amazing, in my opinion.

I decided to take a five minutes break before going back home to work on my project. I tucked my hand behind my bed as a makeshift pillow and was about to close my eyes when something struck my left leg.

I opened my eyes and looked at the object. It was a cherry red ball that the children were playing with. I was about to toss the ball back to them when someone spoke.

I looked up. The voice belonged to a girl about eight. Her black hair was tucked behind a sky blue hijab. She was wearing a light blue long sleeved shirt accompanied with a pair of jeans and some grey sneakers. But what struck me most were her eyes.

Her eyes are Cyclone's eyes.

There was no way I could have mistaken them. Cyclone's eyes were a cheerful aqua blue with a hint of purple that made it look like he sprinkled glitter over his eyes.

The girl's eyes exactly fit that description.

"Excuse me, mister," She said, grinning. "Can you please pass me that ball? My friends and I would like to have it back. " she nudged her head towards the group of kids who were chatting while occasionally nervously glancing at us. As if  they were anticipating for me to kick the girl in the shins.

I took the ball up and was about to toss it to the girl when something made me decide to ask the girl a question.

"Just a second, could you tell me your name please?" I ask, not sure about the reason why I said that.

The girl gave a small grin and replied, "My name's Taufan, mister."

I had to stop myself from fainting, cause I was seriously tempted to.

Taufan and Cyclone are kinda close although the meaning are different.. And I'm pretty sure that wasn't just a coincidence.

"What's yours then, mister?" Taufan asked curiously.

"Thunderstorm. The name's Thunderstorm."

"Well, glad to know your name, mr... Thundy?"

I almost wanted to facepalm at the given nickname.

"I gotta go now, Thundy. Hope that we'll meet again soon!" She waved at me and hurried off to her friends.

I watched her and her friend running off until they were nothing but little black specks, a numb feeling inside me.

Maybe that was Cyclone. Maybe he had reborn as a new person, although the gender is.... extremely different.

Nah, who cares? It was the past anyways.

I just hope that Taufan and I could meet again.

END OF STORY

(I'm cringing here)
(I'm gonna take a break)