Trust

"They're attacking us." I whisper in fright. He stays seated, relaxed, staring at me.

"I apologize for before." He says. "I don't think you're petty or greedy at all for a human."

"It's okay... I am sorry I was fooled." I answer, and jump in the bed as another crack of wood snaps from the door.  It's a thick door. But by the howls and the claws, they got the numbers and the rage to tear it down.

I stare at him, expecting him to do something in any moment. But he just sits and stares back at me with concern.

"What was your nightmare about?"

I wince as he mentions it, as I already managed to forget. 

"A pack of werewolves." I lie without thinking. He gives a slow nod.

"You're scared of them?" He asks, just as one of door's boards cracks in a half and falls. Werewolves' jaws and paws are instantly shoved in the gap. Canines and claws tearing off bits off wood in frenzy.

I feel the impending danger, but when I look back into his eyes, I realize that I'm a calm with it.

"No." I say, surprised by my own firmness. "I trust you."

A smile graces his lips. A thud rattles the tree floor as the werewolves knock the door from its frame.  

Three of them squeeze in at the same time, unable to wait even a split of a moment to get to us. 

The left one's fur is grey, the middle's brown, and right's black. They're in full transformation -  half humanoid, half beast - with two rear legs that carry them in dash, and hunched over shoulders that ripple with muscle. Red eyes are shot open with blood lust.

He rises from the chair, then speed blurs his figure as it rams into the grey werewolf. The grey werewolf looks thrice as heavy as him, but he grabs and swings it off his feet without visible effort. He slams it into the brown one with strength that elicits cracks of bones and pup-like whimpers.

As the grey and brown werewolves tumble tangled, the black one leaps at him with parting jaws. He simply extends his hand into the beast's open maw, and yanks its tongue out in a spray of blood.

The werewolf falls forward, gurgling and coughing out blood that keeps pouring and clogging its windpipe.

The next werewolf that comes through the door gets a tense-fingered hand through the throat. Which rips out the side of its neck to smack across the temple of another werewolf that enters our home.

Leaving three werewolves with split skulls and two choking on their own blood on the floor behind him, the king walks out towards the rest of the pack.