Murder

The dark-eyed twin releases the arrow, and the golden-eyed smacks me for shouting. I fall to the hard darkness that the floor is, hitting my shoulder and skull against it.

With doubling vision, I see the king turned his head to the sound of my shout - and the black, jagged arrow lodged in his extended palm. His blood leaking to the floor.

Another arrow whistles through the air, the silver-haired girl dashing after it with excited screeching.

The king closes his fist around the arrow, and swipes as he turns. The bladed head of the arrow sticking out the back of his palm strikes against the one coming, sending it aside.

He charges for the black-haired huntress, and her silver-haired twin leaps on him halfway. His hand flies - but when their golden eyes meet each others', there's a split moment of hesitation. So she lands with her legs wrapping around his hips and her jaw closing on the side of his neck.

His muscle clenches against her teeth, but she rips through in a craze for his spilling blood. I see him frowning, and raising his left hand. In a thrust, he puts his thumb through her eyeball, and inside her skull.

Her moan echos muffled against his neck, bubbling his blood. Her jaw clenches harder - the king's blood spurting through her teeth. His eyebrows raise in surprise.

The queen arrives at their side. She swings a punch for the girl's spine, but before she can reach a black arrow rips into her shoulder.

I look up to the twin standing above me as she produces another arrow out of darkness into her bow. I brace myself up with one arm and try to yank her leg with the other.

She lifts her foot from my grasp and steps on my head. The side of my face hits the floor, and she uses my head as a footstand while flying the next arrow.

I hear the wet slice of the arrow finding home in flesh, followed by the queen's painful growl. My cheekbones and jaw start crunching between the floor and her heel. I yelp out in panic - and suddenly the pressure is removed with a knock above me.

I see the queen putting the black-haired twin's back to the floor with a punch to the jaw. She leaps after her, and sits on her chest. Two black arrows impale her left shoulder, but the queen still uses her left hand to throttle the younger woman while she punches again and again with the right.

The dark-eyed twin's face bounces between the queen's knuckles and the floor. Blood sprays from her busted lips. I am surprised, for the first time, to see her smiling.

Then I see at what.

Behind the queen, the darkness wraps and rips to shape a figure of light. I recognize the boy that greeted me into this nightmare. But he's mature now, a grown man almost - his body built with godly strength like the king and the queen.

"Bless me, mother." He says as he wraps the fingers of one hand around the queen's chin, and rests the back of her head into the other.

"For I am the son that cleanses your world of sin."

It looks almost soft when he turns her head around. If her neck hadn't popped and twisted with purple and black, I could think she just turned her gaze to look up to him.

He leans down, plants a kiss on her forehead, then lets her lifeless body slip to the floor.