--> b l u r b

________________

"  How the heck does a mere human manage

to screw up so bad in a span of ten minutes? ​​​​​​" 

_______________

C L E O

_______________

It is said that in the afterlife, the light heals up all your troubles that you have suffered your entire lifetime - physical, mental, emotional or otherwise.

Bullshit. 

A complete and utter load of bullshit. 

Words cannot describe my state of utter panic and confusion as I attempted to make sense of what was going on.

Everything hurt. Every single cell in my body was burning to a crisp.

I tried to remember what I did to land myself in such a situation, but I came up with nothing. It was as if the last sixteen years of my life never happened. 

All I could remember was the pair of bright red orbs that had pounced on me the second I stopped running. 

And then came the fire. 

Was this death? Was this what it felt like when your soul began to descend from your body? Was this my end? Dead at the hands of a creature that I never even heard about - never seen? 

As I began to question my beliefs in the world beyond, the fire began to diminish from the tips of my fingers and the tips of my toes.

Instead, the fire at my heart began to sear wildly, burning away my remains - or so I thought. 

The fire left my limbs and raged in my chest and I could almost hear the crackling of the devious flames. 

My heart thumped as the ungovernable flame roasted my remains.

It thumped once, twice, thrice.

And then it stopped. 

My eyes fluttered open revealing crimson orbs that were a contrast to my dull green ones. I could see clearer, hear clearer and feel clearer.

I blinked twice, lifting my torso off the ground using my elbows as a stand. From what I could see, I was in a forest with no memory of the previous days. I leaped to my feet with a graceful spin as I examined myself. I felt a little light headed and thirsty, but besides that, I was fine.

I walked to a nearby stream for a drink of water and nearly gasped at the sight. I was... breathtaking. Every sign of my adolescence was removed and I looked more mature. My then loose clothing was now filled out. But how was that possible? 

The feature of mine that stood out the most was my eyes. 

My dull green eyes were now bright red. 

What had happened to me? 

An unusual thumping at a distance snapped me out of my reverie. It sounded like a constant tapping that tore my attention away from my appearance. A mouthwatering smell engulfed my nostrils and the burning in my throat was more pronounced.

With one final look at the stream, I rushed towards the source. 

This incident marked the beginning of my new journey into the seemingly new world. 

My name is Cleo Spade and as I ran in a mysterious blur though the evergreens, I knew that my life was never going to be as I was again. 

_______________________