-» capitolo cinque

_________________

" somewhere along all the fights and taunts, I fell in love " 

__________________

C L E O

__________________

Everything felt different.

It was almost as if I could see the world in a different light after falling in love. 

As cliche as it sounds, yes. I fell hard. 

Its been two days since I realized. Two days since I have been avoiding him as much as I can. It's not my fault - I have no idea how to approach him now. 

"What's going on?" I walked into the throne room, where The Masters were talking in hushed voices to Demetri, Joel and Felix. Their eyes snapped to mine and they disappeared as I walked in. 

"Come here child." Aro summoned. I walked forward and placed my hand in his, I didn't care about the thoughts, as I was pretty sure he knew by now. 

"Alec is missing." 

"What?" I choked. This escalated quickly. 

"He is suspected to be near the outskirts of France, which is where Demetri, Joel and Felix are heading." He stated. "Go child, don't attack - observe. We will bring an army to retrieve him. Be careful." He nodded and left my hand. Without as much as a turn around, I left.

🕸️🕸️🕸️

The run towards the borders of the French Republic was the most stressful one I had ever encountered. My panic levels began to rise as I neared the boundaries.

I am so going to hit him for this.

As I breeched forward, I came across a large high tech building which looked like a rich headquarters of some sort. 

This better be the place. I thought to myself. Or I am so screwed

I stood there contemplating what to do when I just said 'fuck it' and walked to the entrance. If I die, I will die trying. 

"You can't go in here ma'am." A woman from the front desk said. But the second she saw my red eyes and cloak, she ordered the guards to attack.

One by one the people in my path began to drop like dominoes - their heads breaking through the glass.

So these were the people that stole him from me. 

I walked up the stairs, still killing people in my path as I looked through the many rooms in the building. One looked like a Chemistry lab, while another was just a storage room. 

"Where are you, you idiot?" I asked myself, speeding through each of the rooms. 

A large number of footsteps resonated the silent environment as I braced myself for the impact of many. 

"Cleo? Are you serious?" A familiar voice screeched. 

"Violet? The fuck you doing here?" I rounded the corner to come face to face with the smiling receptionist. So that was her power.

With a snarl, I jumped on the bitch, throwing her across the wall. The rubble shattered with the impact and revealed a large room filled with cameras - a control room.

I ripped her head off quickly and walked towards the computers, scanning through them for a familiar looking idiot. 

"There are no cameras in the basement." 

I turned around and saw Demetri along with Joel and Felix before me.

"Took you long enough." I scoffed and ran towards the elevator looking for the button labeled 'B'. 

"There is a secret passage to the basement. It's not from the elevator." Joel smirked. 

"Then hurry up will you! Let's go!" I shouted, dragging him to the main reception area. 

"Not so fast." He stopped me. Demetri and Felix stood behind him grinning their asses off. "First, admit it." 

"Admit what?" I said dumbly. "I don't understand. We can talk later, let's go!" 

"Admit it. Admit that you like him." Felix smiled. 

"Like who?" I asked, thanking the gods that vampires are unable to blush.

"Caius." Demetri snorted sarcastically. "Alec obviously." 

"We are wasting time." I said speeding around. "We can do this later." 

"All the guards are dead. He is completely fine in his confinement. We have all the time in the world." Joel smirked. 

"Are you sure -" 

"Just say it!" The three exclaimed. 

"Fine, fine. I like him. Good?" I asked. 

"Meh. Good enough." Felix shrugged and walked towards the receptionists table. He lifted it up and threw it across the room, making it fly and hit the glass door.

Right there was a rectangular door that almost merged with the rest of the tiles. Demetri lifted it up and motioned me over. 

"Ladies first." 

I hesitated, but ran straight down the steps to the basement. It was dead silent making my skin crawl. 

A loud snarl ripped through the air making me jump. The sound was followed by distant laughs that made me growl.

I ran in the direction if the noise and came across a kind of Lab that looked like it came out straight from a horror book. It had vampire heads lining the walls along with wires running through the skulls of humans.

I visibly gagged at the sight, but continued forward, trying to ignore the heads staring right back at me.

I turned around the corner and came face to face with a horrible sight. 

Alec was shirtless, strapped to a metal chair as men in coats began electrifying him with a gun like device. With a roar, I ripped apart the men and then the restraints on the chair, freeing him.

He jumped up, looking around wildly, before his eyes fell on me.

"Cleo..." He mumbled as I threw myself into his arms.

"What are you -" His sentence was cut short as my lips landed on his. He was shocked for a couple of seconds before he responded.

"Now that wasn't so hard to admit was it?" Demetri's voice floated through the door. At this point, I didn't care. All I cared about was the fact that I loved him and he loved me back.

Even though it wasn't the best time, I couldn't help but reminisce the past couple of days, it didn't matter now, but I am glad it did then. 

I wouldn't be here if I wasn't sad. 

I wouldn't be here if I was miserable. 

And mostly,

I wouldn't be here if I was Infelice.

________________________

___________