-» capitolo quatro

____________________

" you inspire my inner serial killer "

____________________

C L E O

____________________

"He is so infuriating!"

The door slammed loudly behind me as I entered the room. Violet hadn't even spared a glance at me and continued reading with that annoying smirk, reminding me of everyone else's in the castle when they saw me fight that idiot.

"He thinks he is always right and that he is so perfect and powerful that everyone around him should bow down to his majesty whenever he enters a room. He is so obnoxious that the word is not enough to - Are you even listening?" I asked, narrowing my eyes on her.

"I am, its just - nothing." She waved, dismissing the words she spoke.

"No, tell me." I urged. She was always attentive about everything I said and I was curious to know what had disrupted her thoughts.

"It's dumb. I - it's just - I feel weird around Joel." She blushed.

"You like him." I stated. It was clear, her heart fluttered at his name and she couldn't help but blush when she spoke of him.

"It's not like... It's weird - I shouldn't."

"Damn right you shouldn't. That guy is evil. There is a reason these people didn't disclose his power to the world."

"But there is something about him - "

"Yeah and it's called evil."

"We don't know the bad -"

"Just like we don't know the good."

"But he's cute -"

"So is Alec."

She suddenly stopped and turned to me with a sly smile.

"What was that?" She smiled.

"What?" I asked, confused. What happened?

"You called Alec cute. You like him." She cooed.

"I did no such thing." I denied, offended. That little twat is -

"Yes you did! I said, 'he's cute' and you said - "

"We are adults goddamn it. Stop accusing me of heinous and childish commentaries. I do not and will not give a flying fuck about that little -"

"Aww, you care! I can't believe it! My baby is in love!" She sighed dreamily.

"Shut it. I hate him, you hear me? I hate that -"

My mini rant was interrupted by a knock on the door. I stomped over and unlocked the hatch, opening it with ease.

Joel stood on the other side with amusement in his eyes as he looked me over.

"I am assigned to assist you on your tour. If you are ready, shall we proceed?"

🕸️🕸️🕸️

"That is Porta all'Arco, it is one of the six gates in the Etruscan walls to be intact. It has many features of the fifth century like the three heads embedded in the arch." Joel explained, pointing at the wall from afar. Indeed, we could see three rock heads protruding out of the bricks.