-» capitolo due

_____________________

" were you born annoying or is it an old people thing?" 

_____________________

J O E l

_____________________

It is said that you either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become a villan. 

The latter is the perfect description of my life. 

Born in, around 908AD, I had the perfect life. My parents were wealthy merchants that were known throughout the Australian delta.

I always had everything I ever wanted, the best things riches could ever buy. Mother and Father pampered me among all my seven brothers and sisters as I was the youngest. At that time, I was too naive to see the growing jealousy that my siblings had harbored for me. I didn't know I was sparking a nerve when I told my sisters about the new robes father gifted me, or when I told my brothers about the new toys that mother let me play with.

That is the one thing I regret - I wasn't alert enough.

I should have noticed the hate when I had turned seventeen. They never talked to me or took part in my upbringing untill my seventeenth birthday.

That's when they finally had enough and decided to  throw me off a cliff.

If it wasn't for Aro, I would have drowned in the river beneath. 

For centuries I kept my heart guarded - no one was worthy enough for my attention. 

That is, until she arrived.

Every aspect of her is breathtaking. Her scent, her voice, her smile, her body, everything. I had never imagined myself falling for a human girl, but now that it has happened, I can't help the amount of worries that overflow when I am around her.

It gets even worse when I am not around her.

Anything could hurt her - weather conditions, diseases, newborns, or even a simple act of clumsiness can be dangerous enough to snatch her away from the world.

But the most dangerous of them all - is me.

One slip up and I might end up hurting her.

I still don't understand these feelings myself. Why am I so tied to her even though we just met?

"It barely took me a day to memorize the routes in this castle without getting lost." Alec sneered, looking pointedly at Cleo. 

"Were you born this annoying or is this just an old people thing?​​​​​​ Can you just show me the way to the library without expressing your unneeded opinions?" Cleo taunted Alec.

"I still can't believe you want to go to the library. It came as a shock to me that you are literate enough to read." 

"You should know, I can read and speak in six languages. Thank you very much.​​​​​" 

"Are you sure? I can always choose out the picture books for you if you want." 

"Oh put a cork in it." 

I couldn't help but watch their exchange with a smile. The two have been at it since they arrived yesterday. All it took was one spark from his side and now both of them will not stop mocking each other at any chance they get. In all honesty, the fact that they both were so unaware of their bond made the whole ordeal slightly ... endearing.

Its almost like they didn't know they were -

Realization hit me like a truck filled with bricks. 

It wasn't possible. 

We couldn't be - 

A human and a vampire couldn't - 

My eyes shut briefly at the simple thought.

We couldn't be mates. Could we? 

                 __________________