-» capitolo due

_____________________

“ falling for you - literally "

_____________________

C L E O

______________________

"It's just three days." 

She consoled me for the millionth time that day. I huffed and held on to her tighter. 

"I know it lasts three days, I went through it too." I scowled. "I just don't want you to go through that pain." 

"I'll handle it." She waved. 

"Shall we?" Demetri asked Vi, waiting for her to finish. Violet nodded and pulled away from me. She walked down to the the hall to the empty room. There the door closed and a few seconds later, the screaming started. 

"I can't watch." Joel flinched and disappeared. I followed a couple of seconds later after one last look. 

"See you soon kid." 

🕸️🕸️🕸️

"Red eyes huh?" I smiled at Violet three days later.

The transformation was too painful to witness, so I decided to camp out for three days in the forest, feeding off stray campers or animals - whatever passed by. 

"It feels so weird, it's like, I was blind as a human. Everything is so much clearer." She marveled. "I can't wait to -" 

"Where the hell were you?" An angry voice interrupted her. I groaned internally - here we go again. 

"Why the hell do you care?" I sighed. 

"Answer my question." Alec scowled. 

"Answer my question." I retorted. 

"Do we need to start a scene everytime?" 

"Oh please, I'm about to start a whole play." I threatened. 

After that we just kept staring down at each other to see which one would give in first. I could practically hear the insults running through his mind - none of them sounding pretty. 

My eyes bore into his own crimson ones. When seen from close, they weren't just one shade. His eyes were a bright crimson around the pupil, merged into burgundy which turned black around the edges. They had flecks of black scattered around the irises which added to its eccentricity. 

For a second, staring into his eyes made me forget everything. I forgot where I was, who was around me, and I certainly forgot why we were fighting in the first place. His own stance had relaxed as his intense gaze was fixated on my own orbs. 

I couldn't help but slightly lean in, seeing his pupils dilate and the black in his eyes merge with the red. 

"Cleo?" 

I snapped out of my trance at the voice of my best friend. I frowned at the annoyance building up in my chest. Why on earth would I want that to continue? I disappear from the hall and stop near my door, closing my eyes for a second. What happened to me? 

"Why does she hate me?" I heard the slight murmur of his voice, that made my legs weak. Why am I reacting like this? 

"I'm not sure." Violet responded.

I would counter her statement, but I was too transfixed in my own ball of thoughts. I really didn't know. 

_____________________