Chapter Twelve - Come Back to Bed

My first thought upon waking up is holy shit it's hot. But then everything else comes rushing back to me. The party. Seeing Hudson with another guy. Getting wasted. Dancing with Jaxon, who was also wasted. Sleeping in my bed with Jaxon, whos currently cuddled up next to me, his arms wrapped tightly around my center as though his life depended on it.

I make an attempt to move my body from beneath Jaxon's hold but he immediately grabs tighter to me, his hand stapled to my forearm. His slow and steady breathing tells me that he's still dead asleep, and a heavy sleeper at that. But despite my throbbing head and weak legs, I do need to get up for work.

I start to shake him on his shoulder, regretful that I'll now have to wake him up to get up myself.

"Jaxon," I whisper to him, urging him to wake up in the most gentle way that I can. But he doesn't budge. So this time I say it a bit louder, "Jaxon, you have to wake up," I repeat, desperate for him to get up at this point.

Jaxon starts to loosen his grip on me but not before he starts mumbling to himself, "No, no, no." His words are quiet at first but then his voice starts to get louder and more aggressive, "No!" he screams out. It's only then I realize that he's still asleep.

I start to shake his body a bit more aggressively now, trying frantically to wake him up. I have no idea how you're supposed to wake someone who is experiencing a nightmare, so I try my best to be gentle.

"Jaxon wake up, its Blake," I say to him, shaking his body lightly and finally his eyes shoot open. His eyes meet mine and he looks up at me, his face laced with fear.

"Blake," he croaks out, falling back into the bed and taking a loud breath in, his hand still gripped to my forearm.

"Are you okay?" I ask him, genuinely concerned as to what just happened.

"Yes," he quickly replies, to which I narrow my eyes at him a bit and ask, "You sure?"

He just blinks his eyes a few times before responding, "Sometimes when I don't sleep in my own bed I just..." He trails off, saying nothing more.

"Have nightmares?" I ask, to which his eyes go wide and he starts shaking his head back and forth.

"No, no I'm fine," he insists, "I just have to go," he adds before throwing himself off the bed and hurriedly making his way back to his own room, slamming the door behind him.

So much for waking him up gently.

...

I make it to work ten minutes late but luckily Makenzie was there to cover for me, god bless her soul. When I finally got up after Jaxon fled my bedroom, it was already nine thirty and I was due to work at ten. Needless to say, I jumped into gear real quick, despite my killer headache.

Pavement was absolutely packed when I first got here, giving me no time at all to talk to Kenz about last night. Two hours into our shift we decide to take a thirty together and have our lunch out on the patio.

"Lay told me you went out with Jax last night, what's with that?" She asks me immediately upon sitting down. Damn it, Layla.

"Yeah, we actually went back to the frat house, there was a big party there," I say, causing Makenzie to laugh.

"It's Friday night, there's always a big party," she says and I join in and laugh with her.

"You're not wrong," I reply.

Just as I'm about to bring up Hudson to her, she reads my mind and asks, "So did you see Hudson last night?" She wiggles her eyes brows all suggestively as she says it too.