Meetings and Yelling

I'm awoken the next morning by one of the Malfoy's house elves wakes me up.

"Miss Hermione, your presence is requested in masters office."

The elf then proceeds to apparate out of my room.

I groan and roll over, when I realize it's only 8am. I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before. The day before had been too eventful to properly rest.

I put on a pair of jeans and a comfortable sweater that I had packed before leaving the Burrow.

They definitely know where we had gone by now. There's no way they haven't noticed our disappearance.

I shake the thought of the Order from my head and open my door. I do not expect the sight that greets me.

Draco and Ron are facing each other with their wands pointing at the other; Harry sits on the floor, his back against the wall, looking bored.

"What is going on out here?!"

"He woke me up by dangling a spider over my head," Ron exclaims angrily.

"He refuses to get up when my elf told him to and disrespected said elf," Draco responds calmly.

I glare at both of them, "We are in the middle of a war where our families want us dead. You two are fighting over being woken up! Draco, don't antagonize Ron; you're 17, not 6! Ron, you're a guest! When you're summoned, you wake up and you treat the elves with respect! After this, I'm not dealing with either of you. Especially not your petty arguments!" I turn around in a huff and storm down the hallway.

I hear Harry stand up and follow me. I was going to ask Draco to show me where I needed to be, but now I'll find it on my own.

"I tried to tell them the same thing, but they don't listen to me,"  Harry speaks from beside me.

"I don't blame you, Harry, they need to grow up and forget how they felt about each other in school. This is life or death."

As we're walking, I see Narcissa come out of a room a little farther up the hallway.

"Mrs. Malfoy," I call, speeding up a little bit. Hopefully, she'll point us in the correct direction.

"Miss Granger, Mr. Potter, what can I do for you?"

"An elf woke me up saying I was needed in an office. Could you point us in the right direction?"

"Of course, just continue down this hallway and at the very end, there is a door. That is where you need to be."

"Thank you."

"One more thing. Have you seen Draco and Mr. Weasley this morning? They are also supposed to be at this meeting."

"We saw them, but they made me mad, so I left without them."

Narcissa smirks, "Very well. Hopefully, they arrive on time"

Harry and I arrive at the office and knock.

"Come in," I hear Lucius call from inside.

We walk in, and I'm immediately thrown off guard by the presence of Voldemort.

"Harry Potter and Hermione Granger, joining the Death Eaters; oh how the mighty have fallen," Voldemort smirks from his seat behind Lucius's desk.

Just then, the door swings open and Draco and Ron slide into the room.

Voldemort raises a nonexistent eyebrow as he assesses the pair in front of him.

"So you three want to join the Death Eaters? Why would you leave your precious Order?" Voldemort questions.

"The Order killed my parents and lied about it. My parents trusted them and they were killed because of it," Harry answers first.

"I'm just fond of living. Molly and Sirius were planning on killing me and blaming it on you guys. So I left," I reply next.

"I found out about the truth of your operation. I wasn't going to let the Order get away with what they were doing." Ron is the last one to explain.

"Now, you have to realize how unbelievable this sounds. Legilimency will be necessary to find out if you three are lying or not. Are you prepared? Resisting will only bring you pain."

We nod our heads. He goes to Harry first. I see Harry make a little face of discomfort, but other than that, he shows no sign of pain.

When Voldemort is satisfied with Harry's honesty, he moves on to Ron.

Finally, he turns to me. I can feel him enter my head. It feels weird, but not in a painful way. Afterward, I can tell his interest is piqued after learning of Draco and I's relationship.

"I am happy with all the info I have found. You're all trusted members of my ranks, soon to be some of the most powerful once Dark Marks are given. You all will be added to my inner circle."

I smile at his words. I like being called what I am; powerful.

"Now Lucius, I will be staying for dinner, and I expect my favorite meal to be served."

Much to my surprise, Lucius rolls his eyes.

"You expected your favorite meal last night. As much as it may disappoint you, not everyone wants to eat chicken noodle soup every night. You need variety; we need variety; the elves need variety," Lucius replies.

Voldemort rolls his eyes in return, "You four are free to go. Draco, you were just here because I felt like waking you up early."

We leave the room. I leave last since I was the furthest into the room. Ron and Harry are walking and quietly talking about the meeting.

I'm stopped from joining them when I feel arms wrap around my waist and Draco's chin sitting on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Mia," he apologizes quietly.

"That's nice," I answer emotionlessly.

"I apologized to the Weasel before we came to the meeting."

"Good," I reply warming up to him a little.

"Plus, I got you a present."

He dangles a key in front of my eyes.
"It's for the library."

I snatch it from him and turn around smiling. His arms are still around my waist.

"All is forgiven."

He smirks and presses his lips to mine.

"Now, let's go before the troublesome two get suspicious," Draco advises.

We walk down the hallway, hand in hand.