Unfair and Confrontations

"Hermione I love you but I need you to stop hiding in my room and, as much as I hate it, you need to apologize to Malfoy" Ron exclaims for the third time today.

"I'm not hiding! Can't I just hang out with my best friend?" I reply innocently.

"So you wouldn't mind if I told Ginny you were here?"

I cringe at the thought of Ginny finding me right now. Since she woke up she's been a real pain in my backside. She hasn't left me alone since she heard about the fight between Draco and me. She insists I need to apologize. Harry tends to agree with everything that Ginny says so I have been rotating my hiding spot between Ron and the twins. As payment, I helped with whatever prank or new product the twins were working on at the current moment. There's the added bonus that they did not like Draco so they weren't apt to rat me out. Ron however, seemed to be getting tired of my constant presence.

"You don't want Ginny in here any more than I do, or did you forget that she is trying to set you up with Pansy?" he scowls as he remembers the attempted set up.

"I'll sacrifice my sanity for some alone time. Now either clear out of my room or I'm ratting you out."

I begrudgingly get up and make my way towards the door. I open the door a crack and survey the hallway making sure it is empty. I'm about to exit when I see pale blonde hair further down. I try to close the door before I'm spotted but instead Ron shoves me and I fall into the hallway. I glare at him as he closes his door with a smirk.

When I turn back around Draco is leaning up against the wall looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"You planning on apologizing or are you going to continue camping out with various Weasleys?"

I sigh in defeat "I'm sorry, I know you were just trying to help. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that."

He reaches a hand down to help pull me to my feet. "I accept your apology."

Draco pulls me close and wraps his arms around my waist. "I'm sorry, I didn't think about how you must be feeling after the attack."

"I love you, Draco"

"I love you too, Mione"

A few hours later I'm sitting on my bed, reading up on healing spells, when my door opens. Ginny walks in, her face pale and fear in her eyes.

"What's wrong," I ask with panic in my voice.

"They're sending Ron, the twins, and I on a mission to infiltrate the Burrow."

"What! They can not do that!"

"They already did. We don't have a choice, we leave in 20 minutes."

"We'll see about that."

I throw my book onto my bed and get up. There is no way they are forcing them to take down their family and childhood home. I storm down the hallway towards the office that The Dark Lord and Lucius share.

I don't even stop to knock as I pull the door open and stomp in.

"Whose idea was it" I hiss.

Lucius points at the dark lord as I turn my glare towards him.

"You can't do that to them!" I exclaim, my eyes burning holes into his head.

"I most certainly can, or are you questioning my leadership Miss Granger" He replies with a dark edge to his voice.

"I just don't think it is wise to send children to destroy their home and harm their family!"

"Miss Granger, I am more lenient with the people in this household but my authority will not be put into question. You have five seconds to exit my office or you will not avoid punishment."

I turn and exit the office slamming the door behind me. I make my way back to my room. Apologizing to Ginny for failing to get them out of this. She nods sadly before going to round up her brothers. When I hear the sound of apparition, I start pacing. It doesn't take long for Harry to join me.

A few minutes later Draco, Pansy, Theo, and Luna appear in my doorway with questioning looks. I explain the situation to them as I continue to pace.

"They can do this. They're some of the strongest wizards around" Draco says trying to reassure me.

"They shouldn't have to" Harry mutters.

"They are Death Eaters, it is their duty to do what the Dark Lord orders" Pansy scoffs.

With a flick of my wrist, she flies out of my room and into the hard wooden door opposite to mine.

"Hermione!" Draco exclaims making his way to his injured friend. Pansy is crumpled on the floor groaning in pain.

"What? I am a Death Eater now. I don't have to play by the rules anymore." I reply with an uncharacteristic smirk on my face.

Theo starts to walk towards me, a furious look on his face. He stops when Harry steps up to my side with a cold look in his eyes and his head tilted. His wand clutched in his fist. Challenging Theodore.

Luna keeps her distance, eyeing the confrontation.

"Come on Nott, scared of a little fight? You through enough hexes at me when we were at Hogwarts. What's the difference now?" Harry asks, void of all emotion.

Theo looks warily between the two of us and in a sudden instance of courage he pulls his wand from his back pocket and points it at me.

"Guys, stop it," Draco says quietly. I slide my gaze over to him. He's still kneeling next to Pansy, keeping his distance from our argument.

The cracks of apparition is what actually breaks us from our stand-off. As soon as we hear it Harry and I bolt downstairs.

I smell the blood before I turn the corner. My socks skid on the wood floor as I speed up. Harry right at my side.

I see Ginny first, face deathly pale and staring at the blood that coats her hand. Ron kneels next to Fred. Trying to stop the bleeding. George looks to be in shock, staring at his injured twin.

I fall next to Ron. I start by pulling back Fred's robe to better asses the damage. A deep cut stretches across his pale abdomen.

"George! Get me blood replacing potions and dittany! Ginny, find Narcissa! Harry, bring me towels. Ron, keep doing what you are doing." My demands snap everyone back to reality and they run to follow through with my orders.

I start administering healing spells and as I cast more and more spells I feel myself leaning up against Ron a lot more. My energy drains as people start returning with their items. Narcissa gives him potions as Harry takes over putting pressure on the wound. Ron is essentially holding me up at this point. I continue casting spells since I have the most knowledge and strength in the medical spells.

After who knows how long of constant care Fred is in stable condition. Ron helps me to my feet. We make it a few steps before he nads me off to Draco and he goes back to his family. Draco lifts me into his arms as I wrap my arms around my neck. I'm asleep before we make it up the stairs.