Romance and Bombshells

I shakily stand shooting spells at a stationary dummy. Ten steps backward for my training all because of a music box. Draco stands close behind me in case my legs fail me and I fall. The curse caused damage to the nerves in my legs. Overtime with potions and physical therapy my legs should return to normal but until then I am back at square one.

"How's it going, Mione?" Ginny asks walking into the room.

"I'm making progress. What about you? I thought you were training with Harry?" I turn around to face Ginny giving myself a break. Dracos arm snakes around my waist to help keep me standing.

"I got tired of third-wheeling Harry and his boyfriend."

"So Ron did get back today."

"Yep, he and the twins were able to get Olivander moved into a safe house before the Order got to him. The wand shop is trashed though."

"It's horrible that Hogwarts first years won't get to experience getting the wands that truly belong to them."

"At least with Ollivander in safety they will when all of this is over."

"Sorry to interrupt but hobbles here needs some water and to sit down and rest for a little bit." Before I can protest Draco sweeps me into his arms and carries me towards the kitchen.

Later that night I sit in the library reading a book about healing spells. Nightmares have been plaguing me since I got back from the mission. Tonight is no different so once again I'm up at 2 in the morning surrounding myself with the only things that can comfort me, books.

"Does Draco know you are on the loose?" I jump at the sudden voice and drop my book. Theo leans against one of the bookshelves with a smirk on his face.

"Does Luna know you're up?" I counter.

"Ya, she waived when I got out of bed. Now are you going to answer my question or should I ask Draco myself?"

"No, he doesn't know. He's done enough for me in the last few weeks. He doesn't need anything else to worry about."

"He'll find out he always finds out."

"Is there something I can help you with or are you just here to bother me?"

"No wonder you got with Draco you have his attitude problem."

"I'm still wondering how you got Luna seeing as she's a decent human being."

"It's because I'm the hottest guy in this place and if you hadn't gone for Draco and I wasn't with Luna you definitely would have been into me."

"Even if I wasn't in love with Draco you would not be next in line for my heart."

"Well everyone knows you were hopelessly in love with Ronald so I'm third."

"Not fourth either. I'd go back to my ex before I go on any dates with you."

"This is only about people in this house"

"I know"

"What! Who did you date!"

"Would you look at the time. I think it's time for me to go back to my room. Goodnight Theo."

"I'll find you."

"You keep telling yourself that."

I walk into the hallway with a slight smirk on my face. It can be hard to get the upper hand on the Slytherins in this house and I finally one-upped Theo.

"I thought we weren't going to tell anyone."

I turn around to face the voice. "I didn't give him a name."

"How hard do you think it will be for him to narrow down the options. It leaves three people after you take Ron out of the equation."

"People were going to find out eventually. Why not now?"

"When did you become this reckless? When Ron finds out he is going to lose it and you know it."

"It's the past he'll understand. He understood when he found out about Draco and that's his sworn enemy."

"This is different and you know it. If he finds out his brother dated the girl he's been in love with since the second year he's not going to forgive and forget."

"I can handle this Fred we were only together for three months. Our relationship wasn't serious enough to warrant too much anger from him."

"Thanks, Hermione it's great to know the girl I loved doesn't think our relationship was serious."

"You know that's not what I meant." A jolt of pain shoots through my legs and Fred grabs me to stop me from falling but all I see is the cold stare of grey eyes and a head of platinum hair turning and striding off into the opposite direction.

"Draco, no it's not what it looks like!" I push my way out of Freds arms but my legs are still weak and I fall to the ground.

"Do whatever you want Granger. We're done." He calls back over his shoulder. It only takes two words to completely shatter my heart.

"Hermione, I didn't mean for this to happen."

"Leave me alone Fred"

"Just let me help you."

"Leave! This is why I left you! You can't even listen to simple instructions!" His eyes turn as cold as Dracos and he turns and strides back towards his bedroom.

I prop myself up against the hallway wall as the tears start to fall down my face. The commotion must have awoken the others because a few minutes later I see Harry walking towards me. He kneels in front of me and wipes a tear off my cheek.

"I'm sorry for waking you up."

"Don't apologize, Mione," he stands back up and holds his hand out to me. "Come on how about you try to get a little bit more sleep."

I take his hand and he pulls me back to my feet. I wrap my arm around his shoulder as he walks me back to my room.

"I messed up."

"I know, but it'll be ok. You've been through worse than a breakup."

"I don't know what I'd do without you, Harry."

"Right back at you Mione. Now you go try and get some sleep and you can deal with this situation in the morning."

"Goodnight, Harry"

"Goodnight"

How's everyone doing? My bad for disappearing for 6 months but new chapter yayyy! It may not be a happy chapter but it's a chapter. Thank you all for reading(-: