Facts and Questions

I'm reading a book in the peace and quiet of my room when I'm interrupted by a knock of the door.

"Come in!"

Harry pokes his head into my room, "We apparently have visitors. Malfoy says it's mandatory that we socialize."

I voice my complaints, standing up to follow Harry out of my room. We go down the stairs, towards the entry hall; we hear voices coming from that direction.

When we walk into the room, I see Ron standing in the corner looking awkward and uncomfortable. It doesn't take me long to figure out why; I quickly spot Pansy Parkinson and Theodore Nott.

"Wow; it looks like Draco was telling the truth when he told us that The Golden Trio defected. Who would have thought that perfect Harry Potter would abandon the 'light'?"

Harry looks unimpressed with Pansy's comments.

"Now Pansy, what's even more surprising is the Gryffindor Princess in a house full of snakes. Does it bother you to be this close to so many Slytherins? " Theo adds.

"You have no idea how close I've gotten to certain Slytherins, Theodore. This princess has a Prince," I answer with a smirk.

Theo looks surprised before turning to Draco, who was looking everywhere but Theo.

"How? She has been here for a day and a half and you're already making out with her," Theo groans.

'It can't be him, Hermione would never date Malfoy," Ron scoffs, speaking for the first time since I got downstairs.

"You're right. Hermione wouldn't date me. She would, however, flirt with me and kiss me for the past year," Draco replies with a smirk.

"Oh, I'm sorry, is it my fault we're not dating? Mr. Non-Committal."

"I'm the non-committal one?! Be my girlfriend! See I'm perfectly fine with commitment!"

"Fine! I'll be your girlfriend! Which means I'm not the non-committal one!"

"Did those two just argue their way into dating?" Pansy asks, looking confused at the conversation that had just happened in front of her.

"Maybe they are meant to be," Ron mutters.

"Oh come on," Lucius groans unexpectedly from the hallway, "You couldn't have dated literally anyone else."

"Why? Do you have a problem with us dating?" Draco asks defensively.

"Yes!" Lucius exclaims, "I have to buy Cissa that house in Barbados now!"

"Wait. Were you and Mother betting on my love life?!"
"Duh. It would have been an easy win too if you had just dated someone else, but nooooo..."

"Is that the sounds of my new beach house?" Narcissa calls down the hallway.

She appears in the doorway and smirks at Lucius.

He scowls in return, striding back down the hallway, Narcissa following and laughing.

"Well, that was interesting, but I'm tired of holding my luggage, so Draco will you show us which rooms we will be moving into?"

Pansy is the first to speak after the apparent Malfoy family soap opera.

"First of all, you're not even holding your luggage, you're levitating it. Second of all, you stay here every summer, and you both know where your rooms are," Draco huffs in reply.

A few hours later, I'm sitting in bed reading a book on dark spells when there's a knock on my door.

"Come in."

The door opens and Ron walks in looking sheepish.

"So... you and Draco are a thing I guess? How long has that been going on?"

Such a very Ronald way of doing things. Straight to the point.

"Sixth year, a couple weeks after you and Lavender started dating."

"Maybe I'm overstepping, but did you ever have, I don't know, feelings for me?"
The ending comes out rushed and with a bit of fear.

I close my book with a sigh and look up at him.

"Before Lavender, before Draco, yes I did. However, after everything that happened with Lavender, I couldn't look at you the same way anymore. Draco comforted me, and he had been my friend since the third year. It seemed much more natural to be with him."

"Did you know about his plans to kill Dumbledore?"

"No, I knew something wasn't right, but I didn't push. I wouldn't give up information on the Order, so I didn't expect him to give up information on the Death Eaters."

"What happened between you two after he killed Dumbledore?"

"Nothing, I cut off contact for the summer until we hatched our plan. We knew at the beginning that we were on opposite sides of a bloody war. Why do you think it took us this long to officially start dating? It always killed me to know that eventually, we would be standing on opposite sides of a battlefield trying to kill each other. That's why he's so clingy now. It's why my room is across from him. It's why he always has his arm around me, and it's why he's listening to this conversation through the door right now."

There's complete silence for a minute before Draco slowly opens the door with an apologetic look on his face.

Ron turns to look at him, "Treat her right, or I'll make it look like an accident"

"I would never hurt her," Draco replies, completely serious for once.

"Yeah he better not, or Lucius will sell the beach house and Narcissa will get to him before anyone else can even formulate a plan," Theo yells from down the hall.

Ron and I laugh at that while Draco rolls his eyes.

"Draco, Pansy's making friends with Potter! Do we allow that?! I don't think we allow that," Theo yells, getting louder with each sentence.

I hear a loud thump and then a screech. Pansy didn't seem to appreciate that comment.

"I'm going to go stop Pansy from killing Theo," Draco sighs, making his way down the hallway.

"Does he make you happy?" Ron asks, quietly staring at me, waiting for my answer.

"Happier than I could have ever imagined my boyfriend could make me."

He smiles a little at that response, "Good, you deserve it."

I smile back at him as the moment is broken by the sound of glass shattering and another screech from Theo.

Hey everyone!! I'm so sorry it took this long to get this chapter out. I've been dealing with some personal stuff and writers block on top of that. Thankfully I finally got this chapter finished. This was meant to go out yesterday but my google docs kept crashing meaning I couldn't accept the edits done to this chapter. It worked today though so here you go!!! Thanks for reading(-: