Carson's POV - London

Carson's POV

I stepped into my hotel room and locked the door behind me, letting out a sigh.

It had been a long day with the family. I’d only seen Mason once since we landed, and we hadn’t really talked much since he checked into the Olympic Training Center.

To be honest, I hated it. I was glad he was going after his dream, doing what he thought was best, and I supported him. But I hated how we never talked anymore, the disconnection between us.

I received a surprise visit from him earlier in the week, the first time I’d seen him in months. And he didn’t look healthy, not that I’d ever tell him that. He looked exhausted, to the point of where it was harming him.

With these thoughts running through my mind, I collapsed on my bed and turned on the television to some English soap opera. I needed something mind-numbing after the long day I’d had to endure.

A knock came on the door, and I let out a frustrated groan. I’d just spent almost 10 hours with my family, and that was a stretch for me. I couldn’t get stand to be around my mother and father that long.

Not to mention that I hadn’t been able to sleep for the past two nights. I felt like I was running on empty.

I opened the door to reveal Joseph.

“Get out of here.”

“Get over yourself.”

I opened the door and let him in, locking it behind him. “What are you doing here?”

“Escaping from the lunatics.”

I couldn’t help but laugh as he went to raid my kitchen.

“Did you enjoy sightseeing today?” I called to him.

He came back and threw me a coke. “As much as a cat loves taking a bath.”

I rolled my eyes. “I thought I made you cooler than that.”

“I’m sorry, but when were you pregnant with me?” He looked around. “I missed this.”

I slurped my coke just to annoy him, laughing as he pulled a pillow over his ears.

“Where’s your other half?”

“Sleeping.”

“What a loser.”

“Isn’t he always?” He laughed to himself. “But seriously, don’t tell him I said that.”

I flipped upside down, placing my coke on the floor. “But the London Eye was pretty cool.”

“We’ve been on it before dumbass.”

“It’s still pretty cool.”

He shrugged. “It gets old. All of this gets old.”

“All of what?”

“Travelling around the world, pretending like we’re a real family, going on family sight-seeing trips, all of it, it’s all so damn fake.”

“That’s how life in the media is.”

“It’s bullshit.”

“It’s life.”

“Why are you so philosophical today?” Joseph asked, his face appearing right above mine. “Tell Joseph what’s on your mind.”

I splashed his face with coke, causing him to crack up.