=4=

Two Days Later

Duncan's POV
I woke up in my apartment and I walked to my shower and started it. Once I was done I walked out and saw the time 9:45 A.M. and put pants and a tank top on. I walked out to get breakfast and I was caught off guard as I saw Gwen texting someone on my couch.

"How did you get in here?" I asked
"You're mother, now hurry the fuck up, I have twelve days to make three paintings." Gwen said
I nodded and walked away to get my shirt.

"No smart comment back?" Gwen asked
"I stopped doing that." I said
Gwen mumbled something to herself and I looked at her, she looked at me up and down and rolled her eyes.

Gwen's POV
I was rushing Duncan to get him riled up, not because I needed to paint. I didn't get any comments or middle fingers back and I looked at him. I noticed how he had no tattoos, his hair was had gel in it, and looked like he was going some nice. There were no holes in his jeans like he would always wear, all the stuff I knew he loved like punk/rock, his old things I knew he would of never even thought of throwing away back then, and his attitude....his attitude went from a flirtatious juvenile delinquent to some nice, regular person. I knew Courtney was all over this.

"More like Courtney made you stop doing that." I mumbled
He looked at me and I was annoyed and I looked at him up and down and rolled my eyes.

"Can we fucking go?" I asked as I didn't want be in this apartment anymore
"Yeah...sure" He said
I was shocked and he walked to the door and walked out. He held the door open for me and I looked at him and then his arm.

We got to his car and he sat down. I was texting everyone in the group chat asking where the fuck did Duncan Nelson go. They were laughing, and Duncan started driving and he didn't turn the radio on.

"So tell me, how's California?" He asked
I gave him a look.
"What?" He asked
"California's fucking fine." I said
He nodded and looked straight.

"Good" He said
I was typing everyone and I looked at him.

"When's the wedding?" I asked
"May 12th...can you go?" He asked
"I don't know" I said

The real question...is if I want to fucking go. I looked at him and rolled my eyes. Where did the Duncan Nelson I grew up with go.

We pulled into the tattoo parlor parking lot and I looked around shook my head. We walked into the parlor and I looked around, and then I saw all the old stuff that Duncan had. Everyone in the parlor looked at me. It sounded like a glass shattered as I all the people staring at me. Duncan put his hand on my shoulder and I looked at him.

"Um everyone...this is my friend Gwendolyn Russo." He said and I was filled with anger
They all looked me and I put a fake smile on my face and waved. I threw Duncan's hand off me.

"My...friends...aren't aloud to touch me." I said and and walked away
He was standing there and I saw his eye twitch. I smirked as I saw a glimpse of the Duncan Nelson I knew and he looked at me and nodded.

"Sorry" He said and walked away to his office
I looked at everyone. A girl looked at me.

"Gwendolyn Russo as in his old best friend, and artist?" She asked
I nodded and she looked at Duncan.
"I'm Sky, I was here when he first got the job, he was just like us all...then he went that hospital and met Courtney Barlow, and ever since they got serious he turned into that." She said

"Who the fuck is that?" I asked
"Courtney's version of him." Another guy said
I looked at and a guy was standing there.

"Yeah, my name's Scott...I was there too...he's now this oh that's okay or I'm sorry kind of person." He said
I looked at him.