Chapter Thirty Seven | FateXFight

Fate.

I'd written it off not a month ago.

Meeting the trio had just been a coincidence, there was no fate.

But the moment I entered town a string of murders occurred starting with the man who first robbed my van.

Then the officer I reported the man missing to.

Then the daughter of the suspect.

Possibly others I didn't know.

I didn't have my knife on me, I was sheathed under my pillow and my only fight plan was to scream but he covered my mouth and with a quick motion of his hand, he snapped my jaw and stuffed a cloth inside, soaked in something with an intoxicating feeling.

My eyes rolled back and I taught the urge to fall asleep.

I was already tired from my insomnia pills and now I was being possibly drugged by a man the size of a bear.

I turned to face him, defiance in my eyes and fire blazing in his heart.

I ripped out the cloth and he moved his hands to stop me. I parried his outreached arm and grabbed onto the side, pulling him down in one swift motion as I brought my knee up with all the force I had and hit him square in the face.

His nose made a loud snap and blood gushed out.

He spit out the blood that leaked into his mouth and I fought back tears of the pain my broken jaw was giving me.

I ran past him, in a dumb horror movie decision I ran upstairs to get any available weapon. He grabbed my ankle as I sprinted up and yanked me back down.

I tumbled down the stairs into his chest and he fell back.

He stood up abruptly, flipping me over and bringing his foot down on my stomach.

I vomited water and I gasped for air.

I glared at him and rolled out of the way.

I ran behind the table with crippling pain and flipped it at him.

He caught it and threw it back at me.

I ran out the back sliding glass door, shutting it behind me though it would do little to slow him down. I ran around the house and leaped the side fencing, I stumbled onto my feet on the other side and fought back all the pain with sheer will to make it out of this alive, or remotely okay at least.

I had a feeling tonight wouldn't end with a broken jaw and bruised stomach and I ran down the street in the direction of the police station.

The man was sprinting behind me, he was bigger and stronger but I was faster and I'd gotten in the practice from my sprint in the woods just days earlier.

My feet scraped against the cracked road and I turned the corner trying to catch my breath whilst running, breathing in and out slowly.

I didn't look behind me and I didn't need to, car lights illuminated his shadow close behind.

I prayed to god with all my heart the car was Francis's but it wasn't.

It sped past us both and swerved in front of me blocking my smooth run.

I leaped over the car hood but the door opened quickly and the arm inside reached out and caught me.

My scream was muffled by another strong hand and the large man pursuing me opened the car trunk as the man holding me forced me inside.

I kicked and screamed, but no one saw and no one heard.

I bot his hand but the hand was cold and hard like stone and my tooth chipped.