Howlers pt. 2 ~ Remus Lupin

A/N: once again reader is of age in the fic.
~~~~
"Are you sure you'll be fine here by yourself over the break?" Your best friend asks you as she throws a few last minute things into her trunk.

"I'm positive," you tell her, sitting criss cross apple sauce on your bed.

"Really? You don't think you'll be lonely?" She looks at you after closing her trunk.

"No, there'll be some people here that I can hang out with."

"Like who? Moaning Myrtle?" She laughs incredulously.

"I said people, not ghosts, Mary," you tell her with a playful eye roll.

"Please tell me you don't plan on spending your break by chatting with Professor Lupin." She looks at you seriously.

"Why shouldn't I? Remus is nice to talk to."

"Stop calling him that! It's inappropriate! This is all so inappropriate!"

"Jesus, Mary, calm down," you sigh, "he doesn't see me in that way, okay? All we do it talk. Nothing else. Plus, even though I have this big ol' crush on him I would never do anything about it, because after all he is a teacher."

"You're right, I'm sorry that I yelled, I just worry about you," she says and you get off your bed and walk over to her.

"There's no need to worry," you tell her "I may be dumb sometimes but I know when not to make stupid decisions."

"I'll miss you over break." She hugs you tightly.

"I'll miss you too. Now go, or you'll miss the train!" You exclaim with a smile before she leaves with one last 'bye.'
~~~
"Ah, Miss L/N." You hear as you walk into The Three Broomsticks.

"Oh hello, Professors," you say when you spot the person that had called your name.

"How has your break been so far?" McGonagall asks, "I know it must be quite boring without your friends here."

"It's been going well, but yes, it has been a little lonely without my friends." You scratch the back of your neck and look down at the floor. Truth be told, McGonagall was your second favorite professor next to Remus, and you were quite sure you were one of her favorite students.

"Well why don' ya sit wit us." Hagrid offers and you smile but shake your head.

"I couldn't possibly-" you start but quickly get cutoff.

"Nonsense!" Professor McGonagall exclaims "We have an extra chair, it won't be a problem at all!"

"Oh, alright then," you say and sit in the chair between Remus and McGonagall.

"Hello, Professor Lupin, how has your day been?" You ask after sitting down and pulling off your coat and scarf.

"It's been quite alright, and yours, Miss L/N?"

"A bit boring but good nonetheless," you say with a small smile and nod.
~~~
"Merlin, how did it get dark so quickly?" You ask nobody in general.

You had stayed out 'til dark many times but all those times you had been with your friends which meant you had someone to walk with. This time you were pretty much on your own. Or so you thought.

"Would you like me to walk you back?" Remus asks from behind you causing you to jump slightly.

"Yes, that sounds nice." You nod at which time he smiles and takes you by the arm.

The walk back to your common room was quiet and you were fine with that, sometimes things just needed to be quiet.

"Thank you for walking me back, Remus," you say once you reach your common room.

"It wasn't a problem, but before I go I would like to try something, if you want me to stop just tell me and I will," He says softly.

"Okay." You nod and suddenly he's leaning in, but you're not stopping him, even though you know it's dreadfully horribly wrong.

Your eyes flutter shut and he places the softest kiss that you've ever felt on your lips. In that moment everything feels wonderfully right, the guilt and worry that's to come is all pushed into the back of your head.

"No one has to know about this," he tells you after pulling away.

"Goodbye, Remus."

"Goodbye, Y/N."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I have a few things to say, the first one is that I'm sorry this was so short. I tried writing more but the more I wrote the worse it got.

Two, I love seeing y'all's comments, they literally have me cackling!

Next, does anyone else think Gwilym Lee would be a really good Remus or is that just me?

Last but not least, feel free to send I'm requests if you have any!