Home pt.2 ~ Sirius Black

A/N: Thank you all so much for 20k! When I started this book I honestly never that it would grow this exponentially, but I am so grateful for you all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While James was at school you and Sirius started getting into the flow of things. It was really nice to have your husband back, to sleep in the same bed as him every night, to just be able to kiss him.

Things were going really well until the holidays began to roll around. He had money but he was stressed about what to get James. You understood why of course. He was his son but he only got to talk to him for a small amount of time before he had to leave for school.

One day you heard him mumbling to himself about the whole thing so you sat next to him and took his hand in yours.

"Sirius," you say in a fruitless attempt to get him to stop talking to himself.

"Sirius, look at me!" You say assertively this time and he finally stops and makes eye contact with you.

"I promise you that whatever you get he's going to love, alright?" You squeeze his hand but he shakes his head.

"I know nothing about him!"

"Sirius, you know everything about him!" You exclaims and confusion takes over his features.

"What-" he starts buy you cut him off.

"He is exactly like you. I mean it Sirius. If you get him something you would've like when you were his age he will like it just as much."

"Really?"

"Yes, really."
~ ~ ~
Eventually he chose a present for James but refused to tell you what it was, although you had a small inkling of what it was.

When you went to pick up James from King's Cross he seemed disappointed that Sirius wasn't there.

"Are you excited to see your dad when we get home?" You ask and his mood instantly lightens.

"Yeah," he nods and you smile.

On the car ride home he tells you stories about what had been happening at school.

"Uncle Remus is the best DADA teacher! His classes are so cool!"
~ ~ ~
By the time you got home James had fallen asleep in the car and you didn't want to wake him because you knew how tired he must have been. Instead Sirius met the two of you at the car and carried him in (which slightly surprised you because James was a 12 year old boy and Sirius still seemed a little weak).

Sirius laid James down in his bed then kissed his forehead, right before the two of you left you heard James stir.

"Dad?" He grumbled sleepily.

"Yes, son?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

That sent a pang through your heart and you almost felt like crying. You didn't think you would until you saw a tear run down Sirius face and soon the waterworks started for yourself.
~ ~ ~
It was Christmas morning and finally time for James to open his present from Sirius and you could feel the tension radiating off of your husband.

"He'll love it." You whisper and take hold of his hand as James begins to tear the wrapping paper.

"Woah!" He yells and begins to tear it faster.

"This is so cool! Thank you so much!" He throws his arms around Sirius's neck and you think he might be crying tears of happiness.

It had been the newest edition of the firebolt. James had asked for a firebolt every year but you could never afford it and you would always feel horrible but he would never complain.

"Can we take it out for a run later?!" He asks Sirius excitedly.

"Of course!"

You were so thankful that Sirius was back and you knew James was too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I hope y'all like this and I'm sorry that it's kinda short. I have requests open rn so please send some in! I will only be taking a few so please look in my bio to see if they are open or not.