Howlers pt. 3 ~ Remus Lupin

You were feeling a big range of emotions from excited to nervous to really fucking guilty.

Of course you were excited, winter break was ending soon and Mary would be back, she's your best friend after all. Mary coming back also gave you reasons to feel nervous and guilty. Guilty because last time you saw her you promised that nothing would ever happen between you and Remus. Nervous because you were scared about what would happen if she found out that now every time you go into Remus' office you end up making out.

You needed someone to talk to about all of this, so here you were sittings sideways on Remus' lap telling him about your worries all the while he was kissing your neck.

"I'm just scared she'll hate me if she finds out about us." You sigh and he looks up at you.

"Are you suggesting we end this?"

"No! Not at all!" You exclaim before capturing his lip with yours. Honestly, you didn't even know what "this" was. Were you two a thing or were you just going to make out until you graduate then never see him again?

There was a knock at his door causing you both to freeze before you hopped off his lap and sat in the chair on the other side of his desk.

"Come in!" He calls after silently casting Alohomora.

"Oh, I'm sorry to interrupt, I didn't know you were with a student," McGonagall says as she walks into the room.

"It's alright," Remus waves his hand, "What did you need?"

"Dumbledore needs all Professors for a meeting in the faculty room."

"Okay, I'll be there soon," he says before turning to you, "I'm sorry to cut this short, we will continue later."
~ ~ ~
A couple of hours later an owl holding a small slip of paper in its beak flies into your room through an open window.

You thank the owl after taking the paper which only says 'my office, 30 minutes.'

Although it wasn't signed by anyone you knew exactly who it was from, and 30 minutes later you were on the way to his office.

"I thought you weren't going to show up," Remus says with a smile when you enter his office.

"I always do, don't I?" You ask rhetorically as you sit next to him and the sofa.

"Mhmm." He hums before pressing his lips onto yours. You kiss back but your mind starts to wander to other things. Remus must've noticed because he pulls back.

"What's wrong, darling?" He asks and you sigh.

"I'm just worried." You lean your head on his shoulder.

"About what, Love?"

"Multiple things, like what if Mary finds about this and what even is this? Like are we together or are we just going to fool around until I graduate?"

"We can be whatever you want, and so what if Mary finds out?" You feel tears welling up in your eyes and you quickly wipe them away.

"You could lose your job, that's what! And it'll be all because of me!" You sniffle and wipe a few more tears away.

"Oh, darling, don't cry, everything'll be okay. Alright? Mary won't find out and I won't lose my job, I promise." He kisses your head and you lean further into him.

Instead of making out all night the two of you sat and talked. It made you feel better and assured you that things weren't that bad. The next morning, though, was different, the anxiety crept right back in when Mary burst into your dorm and yelled "I'M BACK!"
~ ~ ~
"Are you okay?" Mary asks at lunch a couple of hours later, "you look like you're about to throw up."

"I'm fine," you tell her and she gives you a look, "I promise. Now tell me about your break."

"It was so fun!" She squeals, "I got to see a bunch of my old muggle friends and went to hang out at the mall and did normal teenage non-witch things! I also got to see my dog! Oh! And for Christmas my parents bought me a Firebolt! Can you believe that?! I didn't even know the knew how to get to Diagon Alley!"

You listened to Mary talk about her break until the two of you were done and went back up to your room.

A few minutes after sitting down and talking some more an owl taps on your window, pulling Mary's attention away from you "I wonder who that could be."

"Oh, it's probably just my parents, I wrote them yesterday and this is probably just them writing back." You lie when you see the small slip of parchment the bird is carrying.

"Really?" She asks, "that looks kinda small to be a letter.

"Yeah, I just asked a quick question and this is the answer."

'30 minutes' is what's written. You quickly turn it over and grab a quill before writing 'I can't, Mary'll be more suspicious than she already is. I'll come tomorrow after I'm done with all my classes.'

After sending the owl back with the parchment you lie down on your bed, realizing how tired you actually were and letting sleep take over you.
~ ~ ~
It was already the first day back and you were exhausted not to mention you had tons of homework and you told Remus that you would meet him.

"Come in!" You hear Remus call after knocking on his door.

"Hey, Love," he says after seeing its you.

"Hi." You sigh, "do you mind if I do some homework while I'm in here?"

"Not at all, what do you have?" He asks as you slump into a chair.

"A potions, charms, and transfigurations essay all do by the end of this week, plus I need work on a spell for transfigurations that we need to have down by next Monday."

"That's a lot, if you need help don't be afraid to ask me," he says and you smile.

"Thanks," you mumble and with that the two of you sat in comfortable silence with him grading papers and you doing homework.

When you left his office it was time for supper and you had gotten one and a half essays done.

"Where've you been?!" Mary asks when you sit down next to her in the great hall, "I waited for you in our room and then when you didn't show up I went looking for you and still couldn't find you!"

"I was in the library doing homework." You lie straight through your teeth.

"I looked in the library and you weren't there!"

"I was in the back, you must not have seen me." Another lie.

"Okay." She sighs exasperatedly.
~ ~ ~
After eating you and Mary go back up to your room, being the first ones back since you left a few minutes early.

"Where were you really? Because I looked all over the library and didn't see you once."
~ ~ ~
Sorry to leave y'all on a cliffhanger but that just means there'll be a 4th chapter 😁