2/Wizards don't do plaid/2

Lily and Merlin were sitting on the stairs facing the door, silently staring at the red wood, both ready to blow with anticipation.

Severus had called less than five minutes before to tell them that the owl inviting him to Hogwarts just arrived. Which of couse meant that there would soon be someone at the door to see them about the same place. Neither of them could wait. Lily was glancing at the clock above the door every time it ticked - which was on the second - and Merlin's foot was tapping as fast as his heart.

It was a mad race to open the door as soon as the bell dinged, but upon opening it neither of them had ever been quite as disappointed. There was a boy standing at the door with flowers, wearing a uniform from Smeltings and fixing his hair.

"Um, hello," he greeted uncertainly. It probably didn't help that the moment they saw him they both started sulking. "Is Petunia home?"

"Tuney!" Lily called at the same time that Merlin yelled, "Tuna!"

Lily wacked his arm. "You know she doesn't like being called that."

"She also doesn't like us so I think I'm good," Merlin said before he sat back down on the stairs. Petunia sneered at both of them respectively when walking past, and smiled when she saw the boy. They both left quickly, and Lily closed the door behind them.

"What if no one is actually coming?"

"Well that would suck wouldn't it," Merlin said sarcastically, then laughed as Lily started pouting. "I'm kidding Lily. Someone'll be here soon, promise."

The next time there was a knock Merlin let Lily open the door, and leaned on the wall behind her, but saw no one. Noticing the look on Lily's  face, he followed her gaze downward. "Lily am I imagining things is there a cat with a pointy hat on its head looking at us like were the wierd ones?"

Lily gave him a look before addressing the cat. "Hello, would you like to come inside?" She moved out of the way of the door as she spoke. The animal stood and began to strut forward, before things got wierd.

The cat seemed to morph, stepping forward and transforming into an old woman in green robes, who instantly scowled at Merlin.

"Thank you Miss Evans," She smiled at the female. "I'm glad to know one of you has some manners."

"YOU WERE A CAT!" Merlin snapped defensively, crossing his arms over his chest because he did have manners, but not when a random cat with no fashion sense had just knocked on his door.

"Yes, and one would think all creatures deserve to be greeted as equals, wouldn't you agree Mr. Evans?" He huffed because she was right and he was usual the one who said that to other people, and not had it said to himself. Lily laughed, because he usual said it to her.

"And judging by that being you're only reaction I assume the both of you already know about magic and the Wizarding World."

"I guess you could say that," Merlin stated, not wanting to out Severus for telling both of them all about it. "But we didn't know some people are cats who wear pointy hats for some strange reason."

"Don't mind him ma'am, my twin kid an idiot."

"I couldn't tell," the woman said with a pointed look. "Now, where are your parents?"

[]●<>●<>●<>●[]

Merlin looked at Lily as if she had suddenly grown a third head, and she shuffled uncomfortably. "What?" She asked after a moment.

"You are NOT wearing that out of this house. I'm not even okay with you wearing that in this house." Lily looked down and studied her ensemble of a full body suit made of neon yellow plaid, with a huge black belt, bell bottom legs and huge sleeves. It was something their mother had bought her for a color blocking party and Lily considered it her fanciest attire. Merlin just considered it what it was, and it was just ugly.