9\\That's Kidnapping James//9

"Just because it worked out doesn't mean it wasn't kidnapping."

Merlin argued. They were enroute to the first class of the year - Transfiguration - and that meant Gwaine and Xenophilius going in a completely different direction. Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw had Flying when the Slytherins and Gryffindor had Transfiguration. That's what began the verbal war. The fact that, without their new Ravenclaw friend who was heading down for Herbology, Gwaine would have been hunting down his first class solo.

Remus, Peter and Sirius were walking a few steps behind, having bowed out of the fight fast. Lily was with Severus way a head of them, and Arthur with his cult far behind. Having class with that collection was going to be an adventure, he just knew it. However, at least it would be an adventure with some friends. Friends and James, at this rate.

"It's not just because it worked out," James groaned, a result of saying the same thing for the nth time. "Xenophilius knew exactly where he was!"

"So if I grabbed you and threw you in the back of a van, but with a window, would it not be kidnapping?"

"It would be unwilling relocation."

"That's kidnapping James."

"Ladies, ladies," Sirius dropped himself between them, his arms flying around their shoulders. "Let's not fight, you're both ugly trolls."

"I don't think James or Merlin are ugly?" Peter said to Remus, the sarcasm going over his head entirely. Remus found it kind of adorable. It was part of the reason the group had taken him right in, not to mention the whole Percival thing. "He's not saying they are."

"But he just said that they are?"

"It's sarcasm, he actually just means they should drop the whole Kidnapping argument," Remus then changed his volume to make sure the three ahead would hear him. "And hes got a point, it's a dumb argument."

"I am a dumb argument Remus, don't come for my identity like that." Merlin called back, and Remus rolled his eyes - amused, though, Merlin could tell. "Um, no."

They had reached Merlin's least favorite part of any building, the stairs. Though it was a fair estimate to say that there were no stairs he hated more, and he fell down the flight at his house because of a loose board. That said, those stairs didn't move, and weren't half as long. The same could not be said for Hogwarts.

"Is it too much to bunk the first lesson of the first day?"

James gave him a huge grin, and hit him with way too much force on the shoulder. "Yip."

And then he trapped Merlin under his arm and dragged him against his will onto the stairs, Sirius did the same on his other side, actually imprisoning him. It was cruel, really.

"Oh sweet Merlin," Sirius cursed unintentionally. "The stairs moved to the wrong place!"

"Its not my fault," He said a little too defensively, making the others laugh. "Ugh, we have to wait for them to go all that way? We'll be a whole hour late at this rate."

"At least you don't have to go all the way to Herbology after." Merlin mumbled, ever so slightly depressed about it. Sirius tried to do something, "Hey, we'll have great legs when we're eighteen, so it's an investment."

"I'd rather not have to walk," Peter mumbled, which is why they were laughing again when the stairs reached them. That laugh died quick, when they realized they were trapped on a small moving object with Arthur and the Gryffin-devils.

"That's it, they're cursed, the stairs are cursed. Either that or they're both sentient and evil."

"You're blessed to be in my presence, I'm the once being cursed." Arthur huffed. "Wait your cursed? That explains a lot."

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"Just that, you know, well you see your personality reminds me a lot of the plague and people say it was a curse so it makes sense."

"God, Merlin," Remus laughed, which felt like a true accomplishment and made him grin. "For a snake your bite is weak."

"I'm supposed to be venomous. Your the lion but you're jaw has less power than mine."

"Ok remind me not to get into a roast with Merlin," Sirius whispered to James. "Remind you? Remind me, I got so close earlier!"

"My jaw could break you in half," Arthur uncrossed his arms like he intended to square up. "I'd swallow you whole before you got the chance Simba."

"Oh my god," The half-blood who's mother lived for disney movies laughed again, but it seemed no one else got the reference, and if they did they were on Arthur's side. "What's Simba?"

"Well he's you, but smarter, kinder and better looking."

"Why you-"

Before he got the chance, Merlin was grabbed by both of his shoulders and turned around. He felt his cheeks heating up since he hadn't noticed the stairs stopping. Remus saw the look on the other three, though. "Simba is a lion cub from a muggle movie."

"Oh," James laughed, along with Sirius. "That actually makes sense."

"Anyway, more importantly," Merlin glared up at James, who gulped on instinct. "It was kidnapping!"

But the Potter had learned his lesson, and quicky held his hands up in surrender. "It was kidnapping!"

Arthur wasn't sure what to do with the sudden build up of annoyance in his body. Nothing like that had ever happened to him before. Usually no one would even talk back to him, knowing who his family was, and his father was generally too busy to care what he was saying or doing.

But Merlin, it was like he truly didn't care, and it was frustrating. How was he supposed to handle the boy who didn't care?

"Arthur?"

"Right, sorry."

He followed after his friends, only just realizing that he'd been standing in the same spot. He let them guess the way, with every single intention of blaming them completely in case it waa wrong. It wasn't, but that didn't mean he didn't have reason to blame them still.

"You're late."

He saw Merlin laughing behind his hand, though it was hard not to see him. He stuck out a lot, the only green amongst the mess of red that had claimed half of the room already. "Sorry, Ms. we got stuck on the stairs."

"Huh, then perhaps I should turn a few of you into a flight of them. If you climb each other you might just be punctual next time. And you Mr. Evans do not think I didn't hear laughing. Need I remind you that you five arrived with just as many seconds?"

"Sorry, Purfessor."

"What did you just call her?"

"To your seats," McGonagall instructed before he could get an answer, and none of them hesitated. "Oh and, Mr. Pendragon?"

He looked up, shivering at the cold glare he was recieving.

"It would do you some good to remember everything I've said to you."

♡☆♡☆♡☆♡
I'm ao sorry this took so long and its not even a special chapter or even a good chapter, I've been in a bad mental state for a while now.

The support and love from your comments is amazing though, so I'd really just like to say thank you. I want you to know I appreciate every single thing you've said.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed!!

♡☆♡☆♡☆♡