4/It Means Dirty Blood/4

After the incident with Arthur, the Minister's son and the Headmaster's nefew, Merlin had definitely had enough of everyone.

The moment he had gathered his school books he was ready and willing to leave - as in Diagon Alley, wand or no wand. However, the moment Gwaine saw this, he began an attempt to fix it in his own special way.

And his way just happened to include tackling.

"Gwaine!" Merlin laughed. A second later a nothing weight was added to the heap and both boys groaned. It was easy to figure out who it was. "Sirius!"

Merlin tried to push them off but of course, failed miserably. "You two are breaking me!" He yelled playfully, trying to squirm out.

"I am not that heavy!" Sirius said defensively.

"You sure?"

Sirius jumped up and came back down with force, making Merlin groan and Gwaine struggled to breath and laugh at the same time.

It was only when an older store goer complained that they all broke apart, and Merlin's spirits were sky high once again.

"Oh, that reminds me!" Gwaine started after seeing Merlin's textbooks. "We found this and I think you'll live for it."

Sirius reached into one of the shelves and held out a book for Merlin to see.

"The Wild Tales of Merlin: a Collection of True Stories on Merlin's life," he read out loud, before he started laughing. "Merlin was the best wizard to ever live, no ones been better than him in nearly a thousand years."

"Well I mean," Merlin pretended to flip hair that he didn't have.

"I read this book a hundred times before my mother tossed it. It's really good," Sirius told them, and Merlin decided to add it to his pile of books.

"Oh, take this one too," Gwaine suggested. It was a book about beards. "They say the original Merlin had a killer beard, so you might want to get started."

Merlin wacked him with the beard book and placed it on his head thereafter.

"Ok, ok not you're style, I understand. How about this?" It was a book on pointy hat fashion and Gwaine didn't even get a chance to run before it hit him against the head.

"Hey! Pointy hats are good stuff," Sirius protested. Merlin was about to start yelling when he continued. "Not. Have you seen my hair? No triangles please."

Merlin laughed before attempting to ruffle Sirius' hair, which resulted in an all out brawl, which ended in Sirius' hair being messed up anyway.

"You're all insufferably loud." Merlin was beginning to think he had some lesser form of bipolar disorder as his mood completely changed again at the sound of Severus' voice. "And you're just insufferable so what's your  point?"

Both Sirius and Gwaine discreetly high fived him.

"Idiots applauding idiocy and celebrating a weak comeback, predictable."

"At least there was applause and celebration. I'm pretty sure you're arrival literally drew out the joy of life itself."

"You-"

"Severus stop. You're supposed to be apologizing." Lily said sternly. "I tried but-"

"But the first thing you said was that we're insufferably loud. Unless I'm missing something, that wasn't much of an apology." Gwaine injected. "You shut up you muggly replacement."

"Severus!"

"Well I think its safe to say apology not accepted and call it a day, don't you think Merlin? Gwaine? Snivellus?"