3/Prat Alert/3

Lily was a mix between rage and depression as she slammed the door shut in Merlin's face. He huffed but suppressed his annoyance at the action since he too was really angry with Severus.

He opened the door with a false calm he had created for the sake of his sister and closed it behind him, before following the sound of a stampeding Lily up the stairs to their room.

"Lil-"

"DON'T DEFEND HIM," She yelled. "DON'T TELL ME I'M OVERREACTING! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!"

Merlin lifted an eyebrow and gave her the most questioning and unamused look. "Lily between us who is more likely to defend him for being a total arse?"

Since she knew the answer was herself, she huffed and crossed her arms. "I think you were right, and I also think you should have punched him right in the jaw instead of stepping on his foot."

"But then he could have gotten really hurt, and-" Lily realized she was almost defending him and stopped talking, making Merlin laugh and Lily throw her pillow at him. He threw it back. "Lily! I could have gotten really hurt, and-"

Lily picked something up and smirked as she kept it from his view. "Lily Evans what are you - no, no, anything but that, PLEASE!"

Lily grinned, bundling the neon clothing and throwing it before Merlin could run. He screamed as if he had been burned and collapsed dramatically.

Lily started laughing, and was just recovering when she found herself being tackled. Fingers began dancing up and down her sides, and her laughing mixed with screaming.

"Merlin, Merlin no please. Please Merlin, stop. Stop!"

He didn't for the next five minutes, after which he peeled himself back and got off of the floor to sit on her  bed. She sat next to him. Silence settled over them for a while, before Merlin broke it.

"So," he said. "I may have basically told Severus that he is fired from this friendship and offered the job to Sirius."

Lily shoved him with her entire body with a laugh. Just then the door bell rang and they headed down stairs to see who it was. Unsurprisingly, Professor McGonagall greeted them with a stern expression.

"I trust you are both ready?" They looked at each other, both completely messed and unkempt. Laughing, they nodded. McGonagall shook her head while about six other kids behind her expressed amusement.

"Well then come along," She stated, before leading the group away from the house. Lily and Merlin screamed goodbyes to parents that might not even have been home, before joining the throng.

[]●<>●<>●<>●[]

The first thing the twins saw when they entered Diagon Alley was a river of colorfully robed wizards, not one of which wore an article of neon plaid.

Merlin turned to his sister with a smirk. "Would you look at that," he joked with a laugh while she just judged him, all trace of the Severus Situation erased as they were lead down a cobbled street surrounded by magic.

"Now, you are each to receive exactly enough to afford supplies for the term, as well as five extra Galleons each. If you waste this money no more will be provided for you." There was a mass murmur of understanding, before everyone dissolved into excited chatter again.

"Oh my God," Merlin marvelled, pointing at a cafe for ice-cream, wherein massive cones of flavored ice floated around. Lily laughed. Merlin had way too big of a thing for ice-cream. It was an obsession, in all honestly.

"There are actual flying brooms right there and you're excited for ice-cream?"

He looked at her, she looked it him. It lasted for almost a minute of nearly walking into a hundred things, before Merlin replied.