Petrified

Standing in the doorway, Lex watched as his baby sister almost threw herself at him. Having set the tray down on her bookshelf, he opened his arms to catch her. A moment later, her arms were around his neck, her face buried in between his neck and shoulder, as his own arms snaked around her waist to hold her up. An unspoken I missed you made Lex tighten his hold around his sister. Lillian stood from the bed, crossing the small space to wrap both her children in a hug.

"My beautiful boy, when did you get here?" She asked quietly through the embrace.

"This morning. I had a break in my schedule and decided to surprise you." He said with a smile.

"I'm happy you're here." Sounded from Lex's shoulder, Lena's words muffled by both his shirt and her sore throat.

Kara busied herself with checking her phone for any messages. An I love you followed by a goodnight from Eliza was sent last night. From this morning, there was a missed call from Alex, followed by a hope you two are doing okay sent shortly after.

It's been a rough morning, but we're getting through it. ~K

That's good. Say hi for me? ~A

I will. Guess who showed up this morning? ~K

Who? ~A

Lex. He is surprise visiting them for the week from Metropolis. He couldn't have timed this any better. Lena needs something positive, and Lex being here will hopefully make her happier. ~K

That's cool. Big soon to be CEO visiting his baby sister. ~A

Yeah, we're about to have breakfast, Talk to you later. ~K

Alright. Love you. ~A

Love you too ~K

Turning off her phone, Kara returned it to the nightstand. Returning her attention to the Luthor family, she helped set up the trays', so they could eat. With the help of Lex, the small hallway table was brought into the room, placed next to the bed so Lena and Lillian could sit comfortably on the bed while Lex took the desk chair, and Kara brought the chair from her guest room. Lex sat at one end of the table beside Lillian, while Kara sat a the other beside Lena.

"Alex says hi." The blonde says after a few bites of pancake. "She also says feel better soon." She added in a whisper to Lena. Nodding, Lena continued to push the pancakes around her plate. The rest of the meal went by in somewhat comfortable silence, a few words exchanged between Lex and Lillian. By the time everyone finished, Lena had only eaten a quarter of the pancakes and had half the hot chocolate. Glancing at her, Kara could tell she wasn't going to eat anymore. Gathering the plates, she stacked the two trays before putting the plates and cups on top. She could see Lex watching Lena with a curious expression. Carrying the trays out of the room, Kara turned before walking out sending Lena a smile before closing the door behind her. I'm here for you.

Kara returned the trays to the kitchen where she decided to busy herself by helping clean up. Once the kitchen was cleaned and prepped for when lunch came around, Kara found herself back in her guest room. Paints were laid out on the desk beside her, an easel in front of her. Though the only view out the window was where the cars were parked, Kara knew she wouldn't be painting what she was seeing at the moment. Letting the soft music in her ears distract her she picked up the paintbrush, dipping it in the brown before dragging it across the canvas in front of her. Before she knew it, the dense forest was in front of her, minimal amounts of sunlight could be seen through the few breaks in leaves. a faceless creature could be seen behind one of the trees in the foreground, its soulless black eyes, barely distinguished from the dark green of its body and the darkness of the overall picture. They looked as though the were staring into her soul, bringing everything she feared to the forefront of her mind. She couldn't even imagine what Lena felt, sitting alone on the forest floor, her thoughts running wild through her mind like caged animals getting their first taste of freedom. She must have been afraid, no, terrified. Who would have thought to look in the woods? Certainly not Kara; but thank everything she did. Who knows how long Lena would have been out there if she didn't.