Savior

The weekend passed much quicker than Lena would have liked. How was she supposed to go back, knowing he would be there? Waiting for her. She was able to spend the entire weekend with Kara watching movies, tinkering with new ideas, and just keeping her mind off what happened. But when Sunday night rolled around and Kara had to go home, everything rushed back to the surface. The tsunami of emotions she tried to bury flooded her mind as she lay alone in her bed staring at the glow in the dark stars on her ceiling. Every time she closed her eyes she was back in the woods. She could feel the hands on her waist, the cloth in her mouth, trapping her. Breathe. No matter how hard she tried she couldn't. She knew she was fine, but she couldn't get air into her lungs. Shooting up, her scream trapped in her throat, she fought to fill her lungs, her chest burning from the lack of oxygen. Shaky hands pushed the sheets away as she climbed off her bed, her trembling legs carrying her down the hall. She felt the darkness creep in around her, threatening to trap her in her nightmare. Laughter echoed in the corridor, his grin forcing its way into her mind's eye every time she blinked. The journey felt like a lifetime when she finally found herself in front of her Mother's room. Feeling like she did when she first moved into the Luthor mansion, she stood by the door, awaiting a response. A few padded steps came from behind the door before the rattle of the handle followed by the soft light coming through the cracked door.

"Lena? What's wrong?" The older woman asked quietly.

"I'm sorry," she started, barely above a whisper. "Can I- can I sleep in here tonight?" she hesitantly asked.

Opening her arms, Lillian invited the young girl into her room, closing the door behind them. Sitting on the edge of her bed, Lillian had her arm wrapped around Lena's shoulder, softly rubbing her upper arm.

"What's wrong my dear?" she asked softly, wiping the tears off her daughter's face.

"I'm scared Mom." The young girl whispered, clenching her fists in her lap. Squeezing her shoulder gently, Lillian lowered them, so they were laying down, reaching to the small table beside her bed, flicking off the light. Pulling up the sheets so they were both comfortable and covered, she planted a kiss on Lena's temple before whispering the young girl to sleep with soft reassurances. Only when she felt the muscles in her daughters back and shoulders soften did she allow herself to fall asleep, her arms wrapped protectively around Lena, holding her close. Whoever did this to you, I'm so sorry my darling girl.

Morning came late to the Luthor women as the clock ticked past 9 in the morning, Lillian being the first to awaken. Her arms were still around Lena, the young girl holding her left arm as though it were a stuffed animal. There was no trace of the past night's fears on her face as she slept, her mouth slightly open with quiet, incomprehensible words slipping out as she continued to dream. Gently Lillian brushed a few strands of hair off Lena's face, her thumb tracing tiny circles on her temple. A deep breath and slight crinkle of her nose signaled the young girls awakening, her blue-green eyes opening to her Mother smiling beside her.

"Good morning Mother." She yawned, burying her face in the pillow. "what time is it?" she asked as they pulled themselves to seated positions, the sheets pushed off around their legs.

"A little after 9," Lillian said looking to the clock on her side table.

"Nine?! I'm late for school" the young brunette cried, fumbling with the sheets tangling around her legs as she attempted to kick them off.

"You're not going today." Her mother said, resting a hand on Lena's arm.

"I'm not?" She asked, hope creeping into her voice as she ran a hand through her messy hair, pushing it out of her face.