Exposure

Warning: Explicit description of what happened

Pacing in the hallway, Alex awaited the arrival of their mother, Eliza. Nothing could have prepared her for what her sister did. Nothing she could ever think of compared to what she did. The golden retriever puppy that is Kara Danvers isn't capable of beating someone up that bad. Is she? Alex didn't know what to think. Lena just came through looking for the blonde, the older sister opting to stay outside. As she made her millionth pass in front of the vending machine, a hand on her arm jolted her out of her thoughts. The voice of her mother pulled her out of her racing mind, the soft expression on the eldest Danvers calmed the teen.

"What happened?" Eliza asked as she pulled her daughter down onto one of the chairs lining the wide hallway.

"There was a fight at school. I only saw the end of it, but she beat up a boy and she looked really angry. I think he may have said something or done something to her." Alex spoke quietly.

"Is she okay? Did he hurt her?"

"I think it was more of hurting herself on him." The teen started. At her mother's confused expression, she continued. "She broke her index finger on his nose, which is broken as well. He's got a black eye and some other bruising, but they are both okay. For the most part."

"Which room is she in?" Eliza asked.

"402. Lena's in with her right now. She wasn't at school today, so she didn't know what happened."

Casting a sideways glance towards Alex the eldest Danvers asked, "Shall we go see what she has to say?" gesturing towards the door to Kara's room. With a nod, they cross the hall knocking on the door, hearing a nearly silent 'come in' before slowly entering.

Kara sat silently on the bed, the light blue sheets wrapped tight around her shoulders as Lena sat beside her, an arm wrapped around her shoulders in a side hug.

"Kara, sweetie, what happened?" Eliza asked reaching for the green cast covering the blonde's fingers and wrist.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." The tension in her shoulders grew as she curled even further into herself, her knees pulled tight against her chest as she clung to them like a lifeline.

Eliza looked to Lena, but the brunette shook her head. "She won't tell me what happened. Only that she hurt someone at school. Other than that, she just keeps apologizing."

"Kara, love, let us help you."

"He hurt Lena. He kept- and I couldn't- I'm so sorry." Burying her head in her knees, she sobbed into her arms.

"You beat up Mike?" Lena asked, surprised.

A tiny movement of conformation from the blonde caused Lena to wrap her arms tighter around her.

"Who's Mike? And what did he do to Lena?" Eliza asked.

"He's a uh, football player at school. He and his friends keep forcing me to do their work. Recently he um... he did something, and Kara blamed herself." Lena explained, looking to Alex for the rest.

"If you're saying what I think you are, then she beat him up because he said something about it, and it upset her. She was yelling a lot of, sorry mom, 'fuck you mike' when we were pulling her away." Alex added.

Looking between the three girls, Eliza thought about what they were telling her. After a few minutes she spoke, "So you're telling me this Mike boy has been bullying you and recently did something worse? And Kara got upset and beat him up?" nodding from the brunettes and a quiet apology from Kara, made the woman curious. "What did he do to you, Lena?"