Chapter five: The attack on the castle

The next morning everyone met in the tomb to discuss what they were going to do about the Telmarines. Lucy, Susan, and Scarlet sat on the stone table and everyone crowded inside the room.

The other relatives of Scarlet had spent the night to get catch up about everything that had happened in Narnia since they left. She told them all about the Telmarines and about what had happened to her mother. 

"It's only a matter of time." Peter said. "Miraz's men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle."

"What do you suppose we do, your Majesty?" Reepicheep asked, now referring to Peter after Scarlet had given all loyalty to her uncle. 

"We need to get ready for it."

"To start planning for..." Peter and Caspian spoke at the same time.

Peter glared at Caspian before continuing, "Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us." Peter continued.

"But that's crazy. No one has ever taken that castle." Caspian replied.

"There's always a first time." Peter responded.

"We'll have the element of surprise." Trumpkin commented.

"But we have the advantage here." Caspian said. Some of the narnian's still looked at Scarlet to call a plan, but she shook her head at them, she was now only a princess, not a queen. 

"If we dig in, we could hold them off indefinitely." Susan said from beside her.

"I, for one, feel safer underground." Trufflehunter commented.

"Look, I appreciate what you've done here, but this isn't a fortress. It's a tomb." Peter told Caspian, but he was actually looking at Scarlet as well, which offended her a bit. 

"Yes. And if they're smart enough, the Telmarines will just wait and starve us out." One of the Narnians said.

"We could collect nuts!" Pattertwig exclaimed.

"Yes! And throw them at the Telmarines. Shut up." Reepicheep told the squirrel. "I think you know where I stand, sire."

Peter looked at Glenstorm, "If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?"

''Maybe we should ask Scarlet?'' Edmund interrupted, looking at his daughter, who was looking very uncomfortable with all of the attention. ''You've lived here for 1300 years, and led the army, you must have something to say.'' 

Scarlet looked at her father before softly shaking her head. ''Well, we can't stay in here, it's too dangerous, if they surround us, we'll be stuck here and we'll have to surrender eventually. It may not even be peaceful.'' She than turned to Peter. ''But attacking them, it's very risky. I know there is a first for everything, but there's only one way in and only one way out. If they block it, we're trapped as well.'' 

''Again, If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?'' Peter asked Glenstorm, fully ignoring everything Scarlet had said, which made her and Edmund frown at him. She just fully interpreted everything about what could happen, and PEter was acting as if she hadn't said a word.  

Glenstorm looked at Caspian before looking back at Peter, "Or we'll die trying, my Liege."

"That's what I'm worried about." Lucy said.

"Sorry?"

"You're all acting like there's only two options. Dying here, or dying there." Lucy continued.

"I'm not sure you've been listening." Peter told her.

"No, you're not listening. Or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch?" Lucy questioned. Peter looked at Scarlet before turning back to Lucy, "I think we've waited for Aslan long enough." That night Lucy stayed with other Narnians as the other Pevensies went to the castle. Edmund, Susan, Peter, Trumpkin, Caspian, and Scarlet were carried by Gryphons through the fog. Once we saw the flash of Edmund's torch, the others flew in. Scarlet took out some of the guards. Peter got out rope and Caspian was the first to climb down to his Professor's window. Then it was Scarlet, then Peter, then Susan, then Trumpkin. Caspian unlocked the window and we climbed into the room that looked like a tornado ripped through it.