Chapter eight: Bye dad

Everyone started helping the Telmarine soldiers and their horses out of the water and taking their weapons. Peter, Edmund, Caspian, Susan, and Scarlet went across the river and bowed to Aslan.

"Rise, Kings and Queens of Narnia." Aslan ordered. Peter, Susan and Edmund all stood back up but Caspian and Scarlet stayed kneeling. "All of you." Scarlet and Caspian looked at each other before Scarlet softly rose to her feet, standing next to her father.

"I do not think I am ready." Caspian said, looking up at the lion.

"It's for that very reason, I know you are." Aslan replied.

Caspian and Scarlet locked eyes, and they stared at each other before they heard a flute. She turned around and saw the mice carrying an injured Reepicheep on a stretcher. Lucy rushed forward and put one drop of her fire flower juice between the mice's lips. Reepicheep breathed a sigh and looked up at Lucy.

"Thank you, your majesty." The other mice helped him up and he jumped back at the sight of Aslan. "Hail, Aslan. It is a great honour to be in-" He started to bow, but stumbled forward and gasped at the sight of his missing tail, "I'm completely out of countenance. I must crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion." Reepicheep looked up at Lucy, "Uh, perhaps a drop more?"

"I don't think it does that." Lucy replied.

"You could have a go." He responded.

"It becomes you well, small one." Aslan chuckled.

"All the same, great king. I regret that I must withdraw, for a tail is the honor and glory of a mouse." Reepicheep replied, holding his sword out to Aslan.

"Perhaps you think too much of your honour, friend." Aslan said.

"Well, it's not just the honour. It's also great for balance." He replied, "And climbing. And grabbing things."

"May it please, your high majesty, we will not bear the shame of wearing an honour denied to our chief." Another mouse said, holding his sword to his tail, prepared to cut it off.

"Not for the sake of your dignity, but for the love of your people." Aslan said.

Scarlet's eyes widened in surprise as a tail appeared on Reepicheep's bum. Never having seen the great Aslan in action, or Aslan at all.

"Thank you, my Liege. I will treasure it always. From this day forward it will serve as a great reminder of my huge humility." Reepicheep thanked.

"Now, where is this dear little friend you've told me so much about?" Aslan asked Lucy. The siblings looked down the river bank and saw Trumpkin ordering the surviving Telmarines to put their weapons in a pile. He looked over at us before slowly walking to Aslan and kneeling. Aslan roared and Trumpkin shook.

"Do you see him now?" Lucy asked.

''Can we talk to you?'' Scarlet turned to her father, aunts and uncle. She gave a weak nod and walked alongside them to the inside of their castle. She was biting her lip constantly, playing with her dress and her hands.

''You and Caspian huh?'' Edmund looked at her and gave a soft smile. Her face became bright red. She did not want to have this conservation with her father. She put her face into her hands and groaned.

''Please don't'' He smirked at her and kissed the top of her hair.

''Don't worry, I'm okay with it.'' She smiled back as he put his arm around her, the first encounter of her holding her father. It was a weird feeling, she never felt as loved by someone as she did now.