Chapter ten: Aslan's table

As they had come back to the ship, they had found that Drinian and the crew were already up. This meant that as soon as they had pulled the anchor up, they set the course following the Blue Star. Caspian, Edmund and Lucy were talking to each other when a shrill and frustrated voice they knew all too well cut through the air while making a statement that at the same time made the three companions cringe, all the while it also made them smile.

"The wind has left us." Caspian spoke out on deck several hours later. The crew who weren't sitting down low rowing were spending their time on deck, adjusting the sails and more.

"So how do we get to Ramandu's Island now then?" Edmund questioned.

"My guess is something doesn't want us to get there." Drinian spoke while walking past them, ascending the staircase towards the helm, the three of them following him. Scarlet looked up and saw Eustace flapping his wings to be able to stay up in the air right above them. And she could also about just make out Reepicheep sitting between his ears.

Drinian took another round walking around the deck as he noticed them hearing the crew's grumping about Eustace. He once again ascended the stairs, saying lightly, "If we don't find land by tonight, they may well eat that dragon."

Next, Scarlet felt this violent tug or pull on the ship that made everyone fall over. Scarlet landed directly on her hip, and it ached before she was pulled to her feet by Edmund while Caspian helped Drinian up.

"What did we hit?" Caspian questioned concernedly, everyone immediately seeking out where that had come from. 

Edmund leaned sideways over the railing, his face lighting up into a large grin before exclaiming, "Eustace, that's brilliant!"

Scarlet had to shadow her eyes with her hand at first, until she found an angle where she could look up without looking right into the sun's rays. Then the cheers from the crew erupted and she finally saw it. Eustace had wrapped his tail around the small dragon bust at the front of the ship and was pulling it along so they were moving in swift speed again. Scarlet smiled.

"Well done, Eustace!" She yelled to him, happy to see a development in the else spoiled, bratty boy.

"Something wrong?" Scarlet questioned as she entered Caspian's office later in the day. She had been approached by Lucy who said that Caspian and Edmund wanted to see her in Caspian's office.

Edmund and Caspian looked at each other, before Caspian addressed her, his dark eyes slightly concerned. "We can't be sure the other lords even made it to Ramandu's Island. How do we know they weren't tempted too?"

Edmund joined them inside the office, walking up right next to a sitting Caspian, "Maybe, this is all part of the test. Remember what Coriakin said: Seek the blue star. Stay true to its course. Never yield and never falter. They were tempted," Edmund pointed to the swords. Scarlet observed Caspian's concerned facial expressions.

"And they faltered." Edmund finished.

''And we almost did, too." Caspian said calmly, clearly in doubt of what to do. He looked to Scarlet, "What do you think?"

Scarlet looked to Edmund, who was observing her calmly. Despite her still remaining disappointment in him for wanting to take something of Narnja, Scarlet knew her father's worth. He was intelligent and a good tactic, which deemed a bit up for his hot-headedness every once in a while.

"I think dad's right." Scarlet concluded. Caspian nodded at the her before a rap sounded on the door, followed by Drinian's voice. "Your Majesty?"

"Yes." Caspian replied.