Chapter 6 - New York

As the Avengers Compound came into view, a smile spread across your face. You said, "Honey, come here." Valyrie got up from sitting next to Wanda and came over to you.

"You see that?" You asked, pointing at the compound. She nodded and you told here, still smiling, "That's Mommy's home."

Valyrie looked up at you and smiled. She asked, "Is your family there?" You told her, "Some of it. But I'm with my family right now. You and Momma and the others. You're my family."

Valyrie hugged you. As the jet landed in the front, you carried Valyrie on your back. When you walked in, Rhodey was talking to Secretary Ross.

Steve greeted, "Mr. Secretary." You stood next to Natasha. Valyrie whispered to you, "Who's that?" You responded, "A meanie."

Ross walked up to you all. "You've got some nerve. I'll tell you that." Natasha spoke, "You could use some of that right now."

You smiled a little.

"The world's on fire and you think all is forgiven?" Ross asked.

Steve said, "I'm not looking for forgiveness and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost your best fighter. So we're gonna fight. If you wanna stand in our way, we'll fight you too."

Ross turned to Rhodey, saying, "Arrest them."

"All over it." He replied. He dismissed the holograph and faced you all.

"That's the court-martial....It's great to see you, Cap." He smiled went to shake his hand.

You walked down the few steps with Natasha and Valyrie. "Hey." He said, hugging you all.

He looked at Valyrie and said, "Is this the kid I've heard so little about?" You chuckled.

Valyrie asked, "Is this a meanie too?" You chuckled again and shook your head, "No, honey. He's a good guy. A friend. This is Rhodey."

Valyrie said, "Oh. Hi, Rhodey!" She held her hands out to hug him. He laughed and hugged her back. You and Natasha both smiled at this.

When Valyrie was set back down, Natasha picked her up.

Rhodey said, "Wow. You guys...really look like crap." You smiled and nodded, "Back at ya, Rhodes." He laughed, "Must have been a rough couple years."

Sam commented, "Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star."

A voice came in behind you all, "Uh, well, I think you all look great." You looked over and saw Bruce. You hadn't seen him since Ultron.

"Yeah, I'm back." He chuckled. "Welcome back." You said. Valyrie got down from Natasha's hold and walked over to him.

She looked up at him and said, "Friend or foe?" You laughed.

"Yeah, sorry. My fault." You said. Bruce chuckled nervously, "I'm a friend...I think."

"He's a friend." Natasha said. Valyrie smiled and lifted her hand, "I'm Valyrie Kelly Romanoff L/N."

Bruce shook her small hand and said, "Bruce." Valyrie turned and walked back to you all. You picked her up and she reached over to Natasha, so you handed her over.

Sam held his mouth open, "How'd you get that? I got told to buzz off...by a two year old?!" Everyone laughed.

After the laughing was over, Steve told you, "We need to get to business."

You all began talking about the situation at hand. You had Valyrie sit down and play on a tablet Rhodey gave to her.

After telling everyone what just happened, Rhodey said, "So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?"