Chapter 8 - The Battle Begins

You stood next to Natasha, head held high as you were ready to fight. You put your hand in hers and said, "For Val."

Natasha squeezed your hand a quick time and repeated, "For Val." You stood and watched as the army of aliens charged out of the forest.

"What the hell?" Bruce mumbled, astonished by the numbers of aliens. "Looks like we pissed her off." Natasha said. You responded, "Then I did something right....maybe."

The aliens bombarded the force-field, squeezing limbs and half of their bodies partly through, only to be ripped apart. Okoye spoke, horrified, "They're killing themselves."

As a few of the aliens managed to squeeze through intact, the Border Tribe took a knee and rose their shields. The Kingsguard behind them leveled their spears over their comrades' shoulders, and on T'Challa's command, they fired at the approaching monsters. Bucky uses his machine gun, and Bruce fires the Hulkbuster's hand repulsors.

You clenched your jaws and began to warm up your powers so you were completely ready when you had to fight.

As Sam and Rhodey flew over the aliens, they began launching bombs, but it didn't stop them. Bruce said, "Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us there's nothing between them and Vision."

Steve answered, "Them we better keep 'em in front of us." Okoye turned to T'Challa, "How do we do that?"

T'Challa answered, "We open the barrier. On my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen."

"This will be the end of Wakanda." M'Baku spoke to Okoye. She responded, almost as if trying to keep a steady voice, "Then it will be the noblest ending in history."

Steve readied one of his Vibranium hand guards. T'Challa shouted a command and the Border Tribesmen disengaged their shields and stood, as the T'Challa walked out in front of them, never taking his eyes off the enemy.

He shouted, "WAKANDA FOREVER!" T'Challa charged at the barrier, getting ready to fight. As Natasha ran with them, you used your fire to fly through the air as you charge with them.

T'Challa yelled the command and the barrier lifted, allowing the enemy to charge through the open section.

You took in a breath and landed on thr floor, burning the aliens that threatened to kill you and any of the others.

Since the intensity of your fire was so high, whatever was touched by it almost instantly caught fire and were burned so bad they were dead in a matter of seconds. You tried your hardest not to hit anyone on your team, succeeding thanks to your training.

The Avengers and remaining Wakandans struggled against the aliens. Bucky went down, and fought off the aliens, fangs snapping at his head. Cap and T'Challa still fought side-by-side and you had joined Natasha's.

Rhodey hovered over the breach, pouring ammunition into the flood of bodies until a huge hammer - the giant alien's that was with the woman - knocks him out of the sky and to the ground. The Bruce is dogpiled and pinned to the ground.

He yelled, "There's too many of them!" You headed over to him as quick as possible and burned the aliens on his so he could get back up. "Thanks. But how do we stop this. Thefe are too many."

You gave him a sorry look and headed back over to Natasha just in time to kill an alien that was creeping in behind her.

"Thanks." She said. You responded, "Anytime." You stole a quick kiss from her and continued fighting off the threat.

Suddenly, a large beam of rainbow-hued light landed in the middle of the action, and an ax flew out of it, wreathed with lightning and tearing through the aliens, freeing the anyone who was trapped.

It flew back to the light and into its man's hand just as the beam cuts out, revealing Thor, a tree guy, and a raccoon.

You all stop as you stare back at them. You then asked, "Why is there a raccoon with a gun?" You then stopped yourself, deciding not to question it.

Bruce yelled, "AH-hahaha! You guys are so screwed now!" You laughed as well. Thor yelled, "Bring me Thanos!"

He charged toward the hordes of aliens, followed by the tree and the raccoon. Lightning gathered around him until he finally launched himself into the air, landed in the densest concentration of aliens, and made a crater where they had stood.

"Thanks for joining the team, Thor." You told him. He responded in his deep voice, "Oh, of course. No problem. Also, these is my new friends, Rabbit and Tree."

You said, "Hey." Tree yelled, "I am Groot." You said, "Hi, Groot. I'm Y/N." He smiled a bit and you set fire to an alien behind him.

You fist bumped and flew away from them and back over to Natasha. When Rabbit found a good spot, he spoke, "Come and get some, space dogs!"

You smirked as you continued to atrack the aliens. Another wave of aliens headed right for the raccoon. Bucky, having came up behind Rabbit, grabbed him with his metal arm, held him at arms length, and spun around slowly, firing his own gun at the same time.

When Bucky dropped Rabbit back dowm, he asked, "How much for the gun?" Bucky responded as he continued shooting the aliens, "Not for sale."

He asked, "How much for the arm?" Bucky rolled his eyes and ran away from him. You went up to Rabbit and said, "Dude, focus on getting rid of these aliens. Then you can try and con people into getting you stuff, Rabbit."

He responded, "My name is Rocket. I'm getting that arm." You rolled your eyes and ran as you continued fighting off the aliens.

After a moment, you stop to take a breather, finding yourself next to Thor and Steve. "New haircut?" Steve asked Thor.

He grinned and said, "Notice you've copied my beard." Steve motioned to his own face and chuckled weakly.

You asked, "What happened to your eye?" He responded, "Oh, this? Gouged out by my older sister that wanted to kill me."

You asked, "You have a sister?" You threw a quick fireball at an alien behind him and Steve. "Man, what is it with you and your siblings trying to kill you?" You asked.

Thor killed an alien behind you and responded, "I don't know. By the way, this is a friend of mine. Tree." Thor gestured to Groot with his hammer as he had a bunch of aliens being impaled by the branches of his arms.

"I am Groot!" He said. Steve patted his chest as he responded, "I am Steve Rogers." You told Thor, "Uh, I think his name is Groot, Thor."

He shrugged and you charged off to find Natasha again. "Chatting with the god?" You smiled and said, "Well," You fired at an alien behind her, "This is the first time I've seen him since the wedding."

You flew behind her and used both hands to kill a horde of aliens coming toward you both. "He has a raccoon and a tree with him, and his name is Groot."

Natasha asked, "Why a tree?" You shrugged as the two of you fought again.

You looked over and saw movement through the blazing forest between the troopships and the dome. When the disturbance reached the edge of the trees, it turned into vast moving mounds of earth that easily passed by the force field and emerged.

Sets of massive, motorized spiked wheels, cut through the large field, intended for nothing more than shredding everything in their paths. You let out a breath and asked, "Really?!"

"Fall back! Fall back now!" T'Challa yelled. A set of the wheels separated into individual wheels and started veering all over the battlefield. You wiped your forehead and grabbed Natasha's hand and gave it a quick squeeze before letting go.