chapter nine

"I know it may be harder for you to picture, but what're you gonna do for a job?" Mark asked while searching for the other boy's hand underwater to hold.

Donghyuck didn't reply immediately. "Can you ask a different question?"

"Sure, lemme think." Mark paused. "How about I have some fun now." He smirked, giving Donghyuck's butterflies an invitation to return. "Have you ever read smut?"

"Silly, of course I have." He answered like a piece of cake.

"Oh. It's not a sensitive topic for you?"

"How else am I gonna learn what to do when the time comes." He shrugged.

"Donghyuck! You can't trust fifteen-year-old girls to teach you that stuff! They don't even know what a dick looks like." The older accused.

"So you're saying I have to read your nineteen-year-old knowledged smut for help?" Donghyuck fired back teasingly.

"That's not what I'm saying but," Mark defended but was cut off.

"Look Mark, I don't know about Canada, but my homophobic high school surely didn't prepare me for gay sexy time. You brought this conversation up yourself this time." Donghyuck laughed.

"I really need to think before I talk." He sighed.

"No, it's cute. You're cute. When your ears blush and everything."

"They do? That's so embarrassing." Mark whispered as he covered them up with his hands.

"Mark, it's cute. It's attractive when you become flustered, especially when it's my doing." It was Donghyuck's turn to return the blush.

"You know, for never being with someone before, you sure know what you're doing." The older complimented,

"Really? I'm winging this whole situation. I know you're gonna have to break my heart in the ending, but I don't really care about that right now." Donghyuck admitted giving Mark a sad glare.

"Don't look at me like that. You're breaking my heart just the same way." They both didn't say anything for a few minutes. The duo just enjoyed the bubbling of the jets and the hot water creating steam around them. He didn't remember when, but Mark had placed a hand on the back Donghyuck's neck, softly rubbing his hair. It gave him pleasant chills.

"Enough sulking. If we have limited time, let's make the best of it, okay?" Mark suggested, standing up.

"What? Stay." Donghyuck pouted, staying put. Mark ignored him and turned around walking to the pool. He looked back at Donghyuck right before he cannonballed into the deep end creating a big splash that hit the younger in the hottub still.

"It's freezing!" Mark claimed, with a smile on his face.

"I'm not Canadian!" Donghyuck claimed worried. "I'll freeze to death!" Mark climbed up the latter and speed walked to Donghyuck.

"You're going in." He smirked.

"No, I'm-" But Donghyuck was interrupted by Mark grabbing his arm. "Hey!"

Mark strongly pulled Donghyuck towards the edge of the pool. He made sure to not let Donghyuck escape his grasp. The two of them were laughing so loudly, they could've woken up the entire building.

"1," Mark started counting down, Donghyuck preparing to go underwater, "2" Mark made it more comfortable for the younger and instead of engulfing him in a strangled hug he just held the other boy's arm. "3!"

They both jumped into the pool together, the ice water sending chills down their spines. Mark quickly zapped into action and swam to the top.

"Brrr," His teeth chattered along. He turned around to see Donghyuck still underwater. "Wait you know how to swim right?" He asked panicked to the younger, who was still not surfacing.

Mark quickly dove underwater towards the boy and wrapped his arms around him tightly. He swam Donghyuck up to the surface of the water and to the side.

Leaning against the edge trying to catch his breath, Mark asked, "Are you okay?" But he then looked at the younger boy's evil grin on his face. "You were joking, weren't you?"

"That's what you get for throwing me in!" Donghyuck splashed and teased, happy his plan worked.

"You suck." Mark replied.

There was a short pause before Donghyuck said back, "-Dick."

Mark glared at Donghyuck in confusion. "Huh?"

"You didn't finish your sentence. You said I suck so I completed it by saying dick. You're welcome." Donghyuck smiled and dove underwater below Mark.

A few seconds later he emerged from the water. Right as he was about to say something, Mark interrupted.

"I think it's funny how you actually don't suck dick therefore making that statement a lie." He taunted.

"Who said I hadn't?" Donghyuck snarky replied. Mark answered by the blushing of his ears.

"My bad."

"No, you're correct I haven't." Donghyuck said, which relieved Mark and also learned a laugh from the both of them. "You talk too much."

"What?" Mark asked, but he got his answer back almost immediately when Donghyuck swam in and pressed a kiss on his lips.

Mark responded back by snaking his arms around Donghyuck's exposed waist underwater. To his dismay, he couldn't swim strong enough to stay above water, forcing him to break their connection.

"Let's go back to the room, okay?" Mark decided. They both grabbed their shirts from the floor by the hottub, two towels from the pool room, and ran up the stairs to the room.

The clothes they were wearing were dripping wet, so Donghyuck went to go find his backpack for a pair of clean shorts. Before he could find anything, Mark called his name.

"Borrow some of mine." He said, tossing Donghyuck a fresh pair of shorts, a t-shirt, and to his surprise, underwear.

"You know I won't return this, right?" Donghyuck called back, already changing into it. Mark had walked into the bathroom for privacy.

When he came back out, both of them dry, he replied back, "Keep it as a reminder of me and late birthday gift."

"Your boxers? Very sentimental." Donghyuck teased, but he had to admit, Mark's clothes felt a lot more comfortable than his own had even before they got wet. He hadn't been around Mark that long, as you all are aware of, but he'd been able to pick up what Mark smelled like.

Deep woods filled with flowers.

An interesting combination, but one that suited Mark's personality equally as well.

"Just get in bed." Mark replied, and they both comfortably, and finally, laid down in the same bed furthest from the window.

It wasn't that big of a bed. Definitely enough room for both of them, but Donghyuck insisted he needed to be right up against Mark's body so that he wouldn't fall off during the night. The older wrapped his arms around Donghyuck, tightly enough to make sure no nightmares would be coming his way. Mark was first to fall asleep as the younger's mind still buzzed on about constant worries, but as Donghyuck took more and more deep breaths inhaling the safe scent of Mark, he eventually dozed off just as contently.