Chapter5: Erick And The Newspapers

Elena told her mom about the story she discovered and that she must go to Texas to find the solution and discover the rest of the mystery to solve it and remove the curse! Elena, being an eighteen-year-old girl, was mature enough to take care of herself. Emily agreed and helped Elena pack up her clothes. She took with her three casual dresses, one party dress, three shirts, three pairs of jeans pants each having a color, shoes, hats, underwear, sunglasses, and makeup. After Emily and Elena were done packing, Emily hugged Elena and gave her a map of the old neighborhood in Texas so she could find the house.

The next day, Elena woke up early and went by train to Texas. When she arrived, she looked for an affordable hotel and found one. It was a very nice and comfortable one, and it was actually near the old neighborhood where the house was located. She took a big room and unpacked her stuff. She was exhausted, so she took a shower in the large bath and then ordered her dinner. After eating, she watched TV and just before falling asleep, she prayed for God to help her as she was going to continue her investigation the next day.

The next day, Elena woke up feeling better. She changed her clothes and wore a short baby pink dress with matching heels, brushed her hair, and put on some makeup. Then she sat down to eat breakfast. As Elena was eating breakfast, she saw the two shadows of the woman and her daughter. At first, she thought she was imagining them, so she went to the bathroom, brushed her teeth, put on some perfume, and sat down looking at the map. Then she saw the two shadows again, this time she saw them running. She followed them to the town until she couldn't see them anymore. Suddenly, she bumped into a handsome boy with aqua blue eyes, creamy skin, light brown hair, and was really tall. She was embarrassed but fell in love with him at the same time!

"Erick, my name is Erick," said the guy. Elena felt stupid, so she apologized and told him her name. Erick was amazed by Elena's beauty; she had blonde hair, wide and sparkling blue eyes, and was of medium height. Erick said to Elena that he'd like to meet her again that Friday, so she agreed.

All that week, she was searching for more clues to the mystery, but no matter where she went, she didn't find a clue about it. She also wondered why the shadows guided her to meet Erick. Finally, Friday came, and Elena wore her special short dress that fit her body and made her look very beautiful. She sat down on the couch waiting for Erick. As she was waiting, Erick knocked on the door. She was happy to see him, and the two sat in the room and as they were speaking, Elena saw the shadow of the little girl pointing at Erick and crying. Elena and Erick had dinner together, and then when Erick left, Elena went to sleep.

The next day, Elena went to the old town library to search again for clues. This time as she was searching hopelessly, something blew an old newspaper. Elena grabbed that newspaper from the floor and read it. As she was reading, an important text caught her eye: "A very rich man proposed to a poor village girl, and what was unusual was she refused him, to marry a poor village man!" "Bingo! My first clue!" Elena said, happy. As she got up to take a photo of the newspaper and put it back in its place, something made her look to her left, so when she did, she found another old newspaper. She took it immediately. She looked at the newspaper until she reached the next article, "The woman and her daughter were killed near a cemetery, and the rich man accused the father and put him in jail to be executed by electricity!" Elena was shocked. She took a photo of the old article and rushed back home. She stayed all night putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

She concluded that her suspect was almost sure, it is the rich man. She remembered that dinner with Erick and how the shadow cried, so she wanted to meet him again. Elena called Erick and met him at the restaurant. She began asking him about his family. Erick said that his great-grandfather was a rich man and told her the same story she read in the first newspaper. Elena asked Erick why he wasn't a rich man, so he said to her that it was a family secret. In this moment, Elena told Erick what she was doing and told him her story, that it was important to know his family secret. Erick was shocked at first, but then he was kind and honest and told her that his great-grandfather was the murderer and when his grandpa knew, he abandoned the family. Elena was recording everything, after Erick's permission of course, and then she told Erick that she must show the evidence to the court, so Erick called his dad, and they both accepted.

The next day, Erick and his dad went with Elena to the court, and she showed her evidence. The court judged the murderer's family to lose all their money, they inherited from the grandfather, and the money should be given to the killed family if there's anyone left.