Chapter6: THE OLD ORPHAN

Elena had another case, the final one, and the mystery would be totally solved, and the curse would be forever gone. This time, Elena was not alone; she had Erick, who was as smart as she was, to help her in the final step. Also, the court told the FBI to start their investigations to assist Elena.

Not long after the court ruling, Elena and Erick went together to the old town library. They decided to search for old newspapers that might help. As they searched, they found nothing, not even a little clue. Elena and Erick were devastated by the negative results. So, Elena stood up and went to the almost one-hundred-year-old librarian and asked him if he knew anything about the story. The librarian looked at her and thought for a moment, then he reacted as he remembered something about that story. He told Elena that rumors, when he was a child, said they were a family of four: one girl and one boy. He also said their family name was Florian. Then he sighed for a moment and said, "Hey girl! I just remembered that there were only three graves; the fourth was never found, and this story is from about a hundred years ago!" Then he advised Elena to search at orphanages for someone with this family name.

Elena thanked the librarian and rushed to Erick. She told him excitedly what the old man had told her, and the two stood up and high-fived each other happily! It was the key they were waiting for!

Elena and Erick went to their respective homes to take some rest, deciding that the next day they would make a list of the orphanages and visit them. The next day, Elena woke up early, went to the bathroom, took a nice bath, then she brushed her hair and made it into braids. She drank coffee and had breakfast, and after that, she brushed her teeth and put on jeans shorts, a cut shirt, and sandals.

After almost two hours, Erick came to Elena's room at the hotel and handed her a list of the orphanages containing ten names. Erick and Elena went to the car, with Erick driving while Elena was thinking about how she might end the curse after two days. As she was lost in thought, Erick touched her hand, and she looked at him to see him giving her a look of reassurance, full of love. She gave him a shy, loving look in return.

Finally, they arrived at the first orphanage. Elena and Erick rushed to the administration. Elena asked the principal, who was a young man, if he had a list of names of the orphans from one hundred years ago. He said he would search, and after some time, he found the list but found no orphans with the family name Florian. Elena didn't lose hope. She and Erick went from one orphanage to another, but every time the answer was, "No one of the family name Florian!" They went to nine orphanages and found nothing. The two decided to go to the last one before it closed, as it was getting late.

As they arrived, Elena sighed and entered the administration. She asked the principal the same question she had asked all the others. The principal searched for the old list of names. As he was searching, Elena's heart beat accelerated. Then the principal looked at Elena and Erick and told them, "I found one with the family name Florian!" Elena and Erick looked excitedly and asked for the date. It was 12.12.1980, the same date as the woman's death! Elena asked the principal for information about him, Troy Florian. He told her that he lived in Texas but didn't know anything else. They thanked him and went to the FBI's office, where Elena told them everything she had found out!

Elena and Erick happily returned to their homes. The next day, the court called with good news! They found Troy Florian and informed him that, thanks to Elena, they found him. He was now a great-grandfather, and the fortune and money were transferred to his bank account! Elena called Erick and told him the whole story and that they actually did it; she solved the mystery! Erick congratulated Elena, and that day they celebrated their success together. Elena called her mom and told her everything! Elena wondered if the curse was now canceled.

After a week, Elena went back home, and Erick came with her to meet her parents. The two were totally in love, and when they arrived, they celebrated. Emily welcomed them happily and with love, and she actually found that Erick and Elena were perfect together, so she was happy for her daughter.

Not long after, Elena and Erick, who were totally in love, got engaged! And on this special night when Elena wanted to sleep in her room, she saw the woman and her daughter playing and having fun, smiling, wearing white dresses and holding a white flower. The curse was canceled!

The End❤️
A Shadow whisper!
I hope you like it and please vote!❤️