chapter 3

DEV; and where have you been??....(he asks as soon as khushi walks into her office)

KHUSHI; somewhere

DEV; I know you were somewhere with arnav, am I right??

KHUSHI; Dev I have had a rough day don’t add to it…

DEV; am assuming since your here arnav is also back

KHUSHI; yes…

DEV; his wife is here

KHUSHI; lavanya??

DEV; I said his wife, who else would it be…its lavanya of course

KHUSHI; and what is she doing here…I never saw her come here before…wait is she still here.

DEV; and where are you going??

He says as he blocks her way…
KHUSHI; dev

DEV; she is, his wife you know and you have no business what so ever going into arnav’s office at this moment…
Khushi settles on her seat while dev stares at her....

KHUSHI; stop staring at me and go back to work…we still have some tasks to finish.

DEV; she brought lunch for him

KHUSHI; I didn’t ask you why she is here

DEV; but you wanted to know why she was here right??

KHUSHI; dev can you change the topic and focus at the work at hand.

DEV; this is what I keep telling you khushi…you’re always going to be the second option…he will always prioritize his family ahead of you…I don’t get why you have to

KHUSHI; I don’t mind…now get back to work
…………………………………………………………………….
ARNAV; lavanya what are you doing here??

LAVANYA; cant I visit you at your office arnav

ARNAV; I didn’t know you were coming..

LAVANYA; well I thought to surprise you, that’s why I brought food along with me. So we could spend some time together but I didn’t know you were absent in office that’s why I thought to stay here in your office and wait for you

ARNAV; you shouldn’t have done any of this especially before telling me about your coming…I have already had my lunch lavanya…

LAVANYA; am sorry arnav I will just go back home and your right I shouldn’t have come here without informing you…am sorry..(she says as she stands up taking her food along with her ready to leave…)

ARNAV; lavanya wait…(lavanya stops in her tracks and turns around to face him and hurt is clearly visible on her face…)

LAVANYA; yes…

ARNAV; I already ate but I will eat one fork..just one fork cause am already full…(he says making lavanya break into a smile…)
………………………………………
………………………………………
………………………………………………
Lavanya places the juice right beside his documents but she is clumsy and ends up spilling the juice on his wallet….worried that she might have ruined whatever is inside his wallet she removes the contents and wipes it clean but something catches her attention…it’s a receipt and by the looks of it…it shows arnav has just purchased a necklace a very expensive one…she can’t help but smile at her own thoughts she thinks he might have bought jewelry for her and is planning on giving it to her….arnav enters the room back from taking a shower…

LAVANYA; am sorry I actually spilled juice on it accidentally

ARNAV; its fine..

LAVANYA; dad called