chapter 29

Arnav is seated on his bed being examined by the doctor ......
DOCTOR : your discharged but make sure you don't do any heavy work or lift any heavy things.... your stitches are not completely healed.... I will be on my way out now.... if there is any changes in your health... or if you feel any kind of pain come back here

ARNAV : okay and thank you....i will just wait for my friend here... he is clearing the hospital bill

DOCTOR : this must be yours??.... (he says as he picks a ring from the floor and hands it over to him) it must have fallen from the table

Arnav wonders whose ring it is?? Until he recognizes he has the same ring tucked away in his room.... when he hears a knock on the door he puts it in his pocket.... when the door opens its lavanya who seems to have some documents with her....

LAVANYA : am I interrupting!??

DOCTOR : no, I was on my way out.....and arnav remember what we talked about (he says as he walks out the door leaving lavanya with arnav)

LAVANYA : it's a good thing your still here... dev told me you were going to be discharged...i wanted to give you this personally but I didn't want to give it to you in your house..... here have this... (she says as she extends the documents to him....arnav reads through and gives her a questioning look....

ARNAV: what is this??

LAVANYA : can't you read??

ARNAV: I can which is why am asking.... what is this?? why would you give me this??

LAVANYA : this is the only way i can cope with this... so just sign those papers

ARNAV: they are divorce papers lavanya

LAVANYA : you don't have to remind me that our marriage doesn't exist.... I know that already and I have thought this through... you married me regardless of having a wife ....i know by law am not your wife but I just can't pretend that we never got married... I can't pretend that it meant nothing.... which is why this is important for me....am not telling my dad what happened... and what's even clearer is that you won't be telling your mom either... and I can't be with you... which is why this needs to happen... If you have a right to pretend to marry me then I have a right to pretend to divorce you... that's all am asking from you .....i atleast deserve that after everything you have done to me.... we are getting divorced because you and i never wanted to get married in the first place and we have realised its not going to work out because you and I will never fall in love.... noone else knows your married to khushi let's keep that way and part ways on good terms....sign the papers that's all am asking...

ARNAV: do you happen to have a pen??

LAVANYA : no... I don't get one yourself and then send it to my lawyer... he will be in touch with you

She barges out of the room only to bump into dev on her way out.... she doesn't say a word to him and keeps on walking.....

DEV: what was lavanya doing here??

ARNAV: khushi was here

DEV: why are you asking me that??

ARNAV: it's not a question... am stating it.... khushi was here and judging by your face you know... When??

DEV: I have no idea what your talking about...

ARNAV : dev does my face say am in the mood to joke

DEV: arnav breathe in

ARNAV : just tell me when she came by

DEV: a week ago