chapter 20

DEV; tell me again why am here…??

KHUSHI; you’re here as my plus one…

DEV; so this has nothing to do with lavanya….

KHUSHI; it’s not her birthday…it’s her father’s…

DEV; you hate birthdays

KHUSHI; arvinid invited me….

DEV; am sure arnav will be delighted to see you….
……………………………………………………………………………
LAVANYA; you invited khushi…??.....(she says as soon as she sees her enter the house…..)

ARNAV; lavanya….

LAVANYA; don’t…she says as she walks away….
……………………………………………………………………………
ARVINID; I wasn’t sure you would make it…

KHUSHI; I wasn’t either…but here….(she says as she hands over a gift….to him…but he doesn’t take it from her….) if you’re expecting a happy birthday don’t…I don’t do birthdays…..

ARVINID; why am I not surprised??? but am hoping this is a new heart??

KHUSHI; no…but are you sure that woman dancing over there is the kind of entertainment you should be seeing on your birthday…I fear that your heart might give out……..

ARVINID; just because she is dancing seductively doesn’t mean am interested…I way too old for that…

Mean while…
DEV; what do you think they are talking about???

ARNAV; arvinid invited her??

DEV; yes he did…trust me I did not believe her until now…I mean the last time they met… which was also the first time they met…… she gave him a heart attack…. ….

ARNAV; no she didn’t…..

DEV; she is laughing with him….doesn’t that scare you….?? because it does scare me…..
……………………………………………………………………………
ARNAV; hi khushi

KHUSHI; isn’t it nice of you…to come and greet me….lavanya hasn’t kept her eyes off you…

ARNAV; why are you here??

KHUSHI; not that it’s any of your business but I arvinid invited me….and who do you keep texting…..i know it’s not your mom she is right here….it’s not lavanya either…

ARNAV; not that it’s any of your business but it’s no one….

KHUSHI; your no one

ARNAV; I need to talk to you…

KHUSHI; and here I thought we were talking…??

ARNAV; I mean privately…

KHUSHI; does it have to be now…??

ARNAV; yes now…

KHUSHI; aren’t you afraid that your wife we are both missing…fine tell me where I should find i…??
……………………………………………………………………………KHUSHI; out of all the romantic places you could have chosen in this house…it had to be a bathroom

ARNAV; khushi this isn’t that talk took you so long…

KHUSHI; I couldn’t find the bathroom…

ARNAV; and why don’t I believe that…???

KHUSHI; fine you caught me….i wanted you wait for me… it would increase your anticipation to see me

ARNAV; for 30 minutes