Chapter 2💜

Ablah's POV

Looking out of the window was one of the best things I enjoyed doing with the cold breeze fanning my face. I wasn't a fan of AC actually, I preferred the the natural breeze. The hold up was just too much,sighing softly I turned my head to the left just for my eyes to land on a black Benz. My love for cars bah, you can't just relate.
      There was a time  when I was around 6 years old when I dreamt of having my own car company. I remembered waking up early, before subh. I entered the bathroom brushed my teeth, used the bathroom and performed ablution before I ran to my father's bedroom who was more than surprised to see me awake. I jumped on him and told him about my dream, he laughed and said Allah yh ida nufi.
        My mom who later walked into into the room and saw me talking about how girlish the company would be was rather surprised to see me awake. She asked of what I was talking about and I told her about my dream. She smiled and said " May Allah Grant you what you want Ablah. But when my brothers heard about it, all they did was laugh at me. I had to tell daddy about it when they called me a tomboy. He scolded them and made them buy ice cream for me. I smiled at the memory.

I didn't realize I zoned out till I heard the honk. The security guard opened the gate and I jumped out. I just can't wait to see my aunt Meena I missed her so much.

I entered through the backdoor and met their maid doing some chores,
"Ina wuni adda Ablah"(good afternoon adda Ablah)" she greeted me smiling.

" lafiya qalau binta, ya aiki(fine binta, how is work)?",

"Lafiya qalau Alhamdulillah(fine Alhamdulillah)" she replied ,

"Aunty na ciki(is aunty inside)?" I asked,

"Eh tana dakin tah( yes she is in her room)" she replied,

"Nagode"( Thank you), I said smiling.

I went directly upstairs to aunty's room where I found her looking at the clothes. I jumped on her frightening her in the process.

"Ke Ablah wai ba na hanaki bama mutane tsoro bah( you Ablah,haven't I stopped you from frightening people)?" she asked.

"Sorry Aunty just missed you so much neh" I said smiling sheepishly.
She shook her head before pinching my cheek muttering an "i missed you too baby" before hugging me.
We chatted for almost an hour with me asking her about Muhammad her only male child which they all think I've a crush on. Imagine the guy is Ya Jaleels mate fah but sha he's handsome and still a bachelor. I collected the clothes which we are going to use for ya Jadwa's wedding and the sa rana would be held tomorrow at our house.

I know you guys are thinking about the clothes we bought even before the wedding is finalized right? So, Mami is this woman that would start shopping for our clothes four months before sallah so the tailors won't delay our clothes, this is exactly what she is doing right now saying she's even late for buying the clothes, and guess who is going to design the dress? Yeah it's me. I actually prefer to draw and design I don't like the sewing part much but I'll start immediately I own my own shop.
I bid her goodbye and left but not before I collected chocolates from her.
Upon entering the house, I met Ya Jadwa at the door escorting her friends out. We greeted each other and then I went in. I went straight to my room showered and wore my ash sweatpants with a plain white shirt.
I picked up my phone and walked downstairs where I met Ya Jadwa chatting.

"Ya Jadwa amarya" I teased her,

"Ba na hanaki kirana amarya bah?" came her reply eyeing me.

"Sai eyes din sun fado kuma ya Yazeed ya fasa aurenki" (till the eyes fall down ai. Then ya Yazeed will refuse to marry you). Immediately she heard that she started chasing me while I ran to mami's parlor laughing knowing she would be there and I jumped on her.