Chapter 1: Starting Out

Starting college isn’t an easy task. I knew what I wanted to be: an editor, but not just any editor, a video editor. My Youtube channel made my dreams possible, if it wasn’t for one great idea I wouldn’t be where I am now. I don't know anyone for I was the only geek in my high school class.

        I walked through the door of the old college as the smell of musk and sulfur filled my nostrils in distaste. There was a registration desk right in front of the main hallway with around five people in line to get their dorm key. I waited for seemed like a few minutes.

        "Freshman?" the woman said.

        "Uh...Yeah." I stuttered with a million thoughts racing in my head.

        "Name?"

        "Lizzie."

She raised her eyebrow.

        "-Elizabeth, Dwyer." 

 She scanned her papers.

            "Okie, you’re dorm #203, straight upstairs to your right." She smiled and handed me a key to my new living space.

        I returned the smile and clambered my recording tech up the stairs. Knowing me I tried my best to take one trip but I didn’t have enough hands. I tripped and my camera, tripod and some of my lighting crashed on the floor. 

        I winced at the distraction I'd caused and began gathering my stuff up noisily. I felt the stares wondering what the hell I was bringing to my dorm.  A voice caught me off guard.

        "Here, lemme help." the friendly voice said.

        "Thanks." I muttered

She started picking up the loose wires and re-coiling them. When we had cleaned up all of the equipment she gave me hand up. I brushed the excess school dust from my pants. The strange girl sighed.

        "Why do you need all this stuff anyways?" she asked

I cringed; I knew she would ask that question.

        "I'm a Youtuber."

        "No way! I am too!"

For the first time I glanced up at the mysterious girl. She had kind of an olive skin color with dark brown hair; her eyes were brown, pretty and bright.

        "Hi, I'm Yammy." she stuck her hand out for me to shake.

        "Lizzie."

        "Do you need help getting to you dorm?" she asked eyeing my equipment.

        I thought about that for a moment and turned my head to the long stairway up. I nodded and we-even quicker than I imagined- got to the top of the steps.

        "Hey, this is my dorm." Yammy said.

I checked the dorm room key number to make sure I was at the right door. I was, this was dorm #203.

        "Apparently we're sharing." I showed the number to Yammy who jumped up and down with excitement.

        "We can be the Youtuber dorm!" she squealed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I hope you guys like it! <3 I'm planning on working on muliple chapters. Let me know if you have any suggetions....I'll try to make a chapter every week or so.

-DaPixelPact (Minx-) <3