CHAPTER 34: Unaware

AXEL

--------

I stood to my feet, aching and sore from a blast I don't remember trying to survive. My mouth and throat was from inhailing ash. I cleared my throat from the smoke in my lungs. Even though it was snowing I could hear the crackling of fire. I had no idea what to do, after a second I came to the conclusion that my only option was to walk. It only took a few steps to make certain that a few bones were obviously broken : my left ankle, collarbone, right wrist and a few ribs were all hurting more than I thought possibly tolerable. I managed to limp favoring my left side drastically. Started around the beginning of the morning hours all the way till evening limping continually. Trying to avoid the sight of the path of gore and terror that I walked apon. I don't know what I was doing or what was on my mind, I guess survival is the only hope I have. I hate to admit it but I fell multiple times throughout this journey cursing when I hit the rubbled ground. Finally I came to something of my childhood...the stupid box thingy or as I have come to the habit of calling it "the glorified refrigerator" but it might be a bit more complicated than that....You know just a bit.

Hopefully my sarcasm hasn't killed you yet because what happened next was way too crazy to be a coincidence. I heard something moving inside so of course I decided to do the dumbest thing possible. I put my ear up to its side to be greeted formally by a sensation of an electric shock. Also by being the great kid I am I cursed at this also. By this time I was delighted with how this wonderful day was going. Again I attempted to put my ear up to the box but this time I kept it just far enough to not be fried to a crisp by an estement of about 500 volts and 10 amps of pure energy (well that's a bit of an exaggeration, only .0001 of an amp could kill you). I heard a faint noise for a cry for help. I looked for a lever they used to free me from an older model as a kid. The horrible memory of being trapped made me shudder.

The lever appeared in the left corner, I put my hand up to get ready to pull it hesitating just for the moment thinking of the possible outcome before finishing the motion. I was surprised when I didn't fell another shock. Wind rushed around me and thunder grumbled among the swirl of havy clouds in the sky. The cold air brushed against my skin when suddenly the box opened and I scattered awkwardly still with a limp for cover. After the explosion came to rest I looked over the cluster of the building's remains I used for safety. I saw a girl with to blonde braids standing there shivering untouched by the outward chaos except for a little bit of dirt (I guess the box even saved it's guests from even it's own explosions). She looked around suspicious about what was going on around her; she probably knew that something, well someone helped her escape. I stood up slowly so I wouldn't totally freakout. Soon enough she looked over in my direction as the dence smoke became thin. I put up my hands to show I wasn't planning on doing anything.

She looked bewildered.

"Axel is that you?"

"Yeah I'm pretty sure it is."

"I have no idea what just happened."

"I'm not to sure my self but your box gave me one heck of an impressive shock though," I replied.

"Maybe it over powered or something," I added.

"I think it was hit by lightning," she stated.

"Wait what!?"

"Well in the middle of my launch..."

"Wait. Launch!?"

"Yeah... they launch mine was on it's way to southern Africa before it crashed," she informed.

All of these thoughts were trying to settle in my head. I thought I knew the "chance" inside and out the same thing with the "box" what else was I unaware of.