1

Six months. Six months ago he took the bullets. Six months ago he saved me. Six months ago he made me realise he meant something to me. Six months ago I fell in love.

Beep

I've been listening to the same sound for months. Keeping an eye on my sleeping beauty. Keeping an eye on the one person I love the most. I ran my hand through my hair for the hundredth time before slowly reaching my hand towards his.

It was warm. Enough to make me smile. I thought I saw him smile. I might have been wrong. But who knows.

"Clint!" I looked up slightly to see Nat stood at the door. I nodded at her.
"You look awful..." I smiled the best I could then shook my head. I didn't disagree with her. To be honest I did look bad.

I had a slight stubble and dark purple bags under my eyes from the countless nights without sleep. I haven't showered for a while and my hair hadn't been treated once. I've been force fed by many of the other avengers and not once have I taken my eyes of off him. At least no longer than 5 seconds.

"You need sleep Clint." I nodded once more not moving from my original position.
"Clinton. I said you need sleep." When Nat used my first name fully I knew she meant business. I sighed then removed my hand from my love's. I looked up at Nat and I knew she could see how broken I was. How much I've beaten myself up about what happened to the poor kid in the hospital bed.

She sighed then walked towards me before wrapping me up in a comforting hug. I suddenly broke down. Letting all of my emotions out that I'd bottled up for the past six months. I cried. I cried more than I intended to. I cried so much that I had nothing left to cry anymore. After a few coughs and wipes of my eyes, I sat up and looked at the floor, ashamed of myself. Nat told me once more that I needed sleep then walked out of the room.