6

I woke up from my "short" nap. Food. That's all I could think about. Food. I need it. I then remembered about Pietro. I really need food but I can't leave him. He'll be fine. It's not like he's going to go anywhere. But what if he wakes up and he's alone? I can't leave him. That's it; I've made my mind up. I am not leaving.

"Hey. Nice to see you're awake." Bruce said, walking through with a tray of what looked like toast and orange squash. I smiled at him as he set the tray down on the coffee table.
"Thanks Bruce." He smiled back at me and I started eating as he checked on Pietro. He sighed then turned back at me. I put the tray back down and drank the rest of the squash.
"Is everything alright?" I asked. Bruce just nodded and took the tray from me. "You sure?" I asked again. Once again he just nodded and left me alone with Pietro. I looked down at him. He was still. Yet relaxed. However, something seemed different.

He coughed. Wait. He coughed! He did something! His hand made its way up to his eyes. He rubbed them and slowly opened his eyes. Oh my god! Hes awake!
"Pietro! Oh my god!" I smiled my eyes stung as tears filled them. I allowed myself to cry as I fell to my knees by his bed. Pietro had a slight smile and he reached his hand down to mine. I grabbed it. He smiled. I'm so glad he's awake.
"You look awful. You know that, right?" he smiled. I laughed. At least his cockiness hadn't changed. He looked around and pushed himself up so he was sat not led. He smiled.

"So... how long?" I looked at him and cocked my head like a confused dog. He chuckled and said " How long have I been here? I mean I must have been here a while seeming as you looked like.... That."
"Oh! You've been here for 6 months." He glanced down at me then looked at the door.
"Has Wanda been okay?" To be honest, I don't know. I never left him. The best answer is, 'Yes, she's been fine.' But that's lying. I can't lie to him.
"I... I'm not sure. I never left you. Hence the reason I looked like trash." he smiled then looked down at his hand that was holding mine.

I looked down as well and smiled slightly before the door opened and I jumped back up onto the chair I was sleeping on, just as Wanda and Vision walked in.