MISADVENTURES IN PARADISE

╔══════════════════╗

MISADVENTURES IN PARADISE
EXTENDED SUMMARY

╚══════════════════╝

❝YOU'RE A MONSTER, RILEY STARK

❝YOU'RE A MONSTER, RILEY STARK.❞

❝AW, SOMEONE'S A LITTLE MAD THAT I DIDN'T LET THEM FINISH THEIR STUPID MONOLOGUE!❞

BOOK TWO

Riley Stark didn't know she would grow up to become a legend, but she couldn't say she was surprised.

Growing up is a strange thing. If she was being honest, she didn't know she would grow up at all. She just didn't expect it to happen. Between aliens, robots, and uncomfortable family reunions, she thought she would be dead by now. She came close a few times, but the universe willed her to live. Again, and again, and again. But if there was one thing she was better at doing than surviving, it was avenging.

She avenged her mother, the country, the world, and the universe. She even avenged the Avengers after narrowly surviving the fatalistic Decimation. But surviving isn't the end. It's only the beginning. Now that the universe has been saved and the dust has settled, all that's left is for someone to pick up the pieces.

Riley had taken on a million responsibilities before, but she never thought becoming the leader of the Avengers would be one of them. It wasn't going to be an easy task, but part of her already knew that. Between picking up what Tony, Steve, and Natasha left behind, coping with the aftermath of the war, and busily patching up the world post-Blip, the pressure weighing down on Riley increased every day. It didn't help that now, she was trying to balance the weight of two worlds on her shoulders: the life of an Avenger and the life of a semi-ordinary teenager.

It seemed impossible to balance. Not everyone believed it was wise or even possible for a kid to lead the Earth's mightiest heroes, and sometimes, Riley found herself agreeing with them. But she devoted her life to proving people wrong. She had proven herself to the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the Avengers, and the government time and time again. Now, she just had to prove her worth to the rest of the world. No pressure.

This was her destiny, her fate. She was the sun — the thing that centers our universe. There was no limit to what she could do, and that wasn't going to change as she stepped into this new life. The world was watching her every move, and as she goes on to save the world (again), navigate the hardships of dating her first-ever boyfriend, and unleash the true strength within her, she'll soon realize that the person she needed to prove herself to wasn't the world — it was herself.

But if she could do all that by dinnertime, she wasn't too worried. She was the Valiant Valor. If the world cannot bring itself to turn, she would do it herself.

And life would continue to be paradise.

CAST

CAMILA MENDES as RILEY "VALOR" STARK
❝The world's watching my every move. Might as well give them the performance of a lifetime, right?❞

TOM HOLLAND as PETER "SPIDER-MAN" PARKER❝When are you going to figure it out? It's you

❝When are you going to figure it out? It's you. It'll always be you. In any version of reality, in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, I'd find you and I'd choose you.❞

JEON JUNGKOOK as ROMAN❝God, I wish I was addicted to crack

❝God, I wish I was addicted to crack. Maybe then my life would be less dramatic than this bullshit.❞

FEATURING

FEATURING . . .

THE AVENGERS —— THEMSELVES
THE GLORY DAYS CAST —— THEIR RESPECTIVE CHARACTERS

○ ○ ○

"At the end of the day, when we look back at this trainwreck, even I'll have to admit that these are the glory days."

This is a book in the Glory Days series — a series of fics I have written within the Marvel Cinematic Universe. You do not need to read any other books in the Glory Days series; however, characters from other books of mine within this universe are likely to be mentioned and/or make appearances in the book you are about to read.

○ ○ ○

© w0nderwriter 2019-2023

STARTED | DECEMBER 2019
FINISHED | TBD

DISCLAIMER | This book is the SEQUEL to my Peter Parker fic, Adventures in Babysitting. If you're reading this for the first time and haven't read that book, make sure you go back and start there! Otherwise, you might be extremely confused!

The PREQUEL to Adventures in Babysitting, Valor, is out now!