Chapter 10 ~ The Night Before |

"i see those tears in your eyes.
and i feel so helpless inside.
oh love, there's no need to hide.
just let me love when your heart is tired."

~Alan Walker 🖤

The previous night before...

Rarity's POV:

"It's okay sugarcube, I'm here for you," Applejack told me, hugging me.

After we hugged we kind of just stared at each other. She had beautiful green eyes. Her hair was up in a messy bun, and she was wearing her red and black flannel.

I knew I looked like disastrous, and I couldn't bear to see myself in the mirror. My eyes were tired from all the crying.

The memory of Fancy Pants with the other girl came into my mind, and I bit my lip trying to not cry.

Applejack noticed and looked around her. She found one of my many tissue boxes and held out one for me. "It's okay to cry sugar cube. We all do."

She's so sweet, she obviously has been talking to Fluttershy recently, I thought taking the tissue from her.

I blew my nose into the tissue tossed it away in the trash before sobbing. I somehow had more tears to cry, and I had no idea how that was possible.

She stayed silent the whole time, just watching me. After I finished, I just felt numb. I couldn't cry anymore.

"I really did think Fancy Pants was the one," I said trying to break the silence.

"I did too," she lied.

I looked at her, my eyes probably red from all the tears. I forced a little giggle. "That's a lie."

Her expression changed. "Ok fine, I'll admit you were kinda addicted to him, which got on my nerves..." She chuckled.

"I apologize, I just thought-"

"No it's okay," she interrupted me. "What time is it?" She changed the topic.

I grabbed my phone to check the time. "It's 5:37." I looked at my notifications to see a text from Fancy Pants.

Applejack saw and grabbed my phone before I could read it. "He ain't worth it," she said putting my phone on the other side of the bed.

"I must look a mess," I changed the subject.

I stood up, Applejack followed not saying anything, and walked to my little mirror on the other side of the room.

My hair was all over the place and my clothes were drenched in tears.

"You look fine Rares," Applejack said trying to assure me.

"I wish I could say the same." I sighed walking over to my closet and choosing my red angel sleeve dress.

I looked at Applejack awkwardly standing in front of me.

I gestured her to look the other way, quickly slid on the dress and threw my dirty clothes into my hamper.

"You can look now," I said walking over to my mirror. "Now... what am I going to do about my hair?"

Applejack's POV:

Trying to ignore what just happened I followed Rarity to her mirror.

For some reason, the memory of the game of truth or dare came back to me. When I kissed Rarity. The girl who I had kissed was right in front of me.

"I can put your hair up if you want," I suggested trying to push the memory away.

She gave me a look. "You?"

"Sure, I put up Applebloom's hair all the time. Most of the time, ahm the one who puts that adorable bow in her hair," I chuckled.

"Well, I suppose you can try."

I used one of the hair ties on my wrist and started styling her hair into a bun.

When I finished she looked in the mirror and smirked.

"Actually AJ, it isn't that bad!"

"Thank-"

"Except it isn't my style." Right when she was about to take her hair down, I grabbed her hand.

"Let's not get too fussy on how your hair looks now, okay?"

She sighed. "Fine, I'll keep it."

"Want to take a walk around the neighborhood?" I asked. "The sun is gonna set soon, and it ain't that cloudy out."

"Wait, I need to fix my makeup though. It's all smudged!" she whined.

"Believe me, nobody ain't gonna notice."

Before she could say another word, I grabbed her hand and dragged her to her front door. I slid my boots on and waited for Rarity to finish putting her on her shoes.

Apple Bloom walked over to me while I was waiting and nudged me.

"You like her," she said quiet enough for Rarity not to hear.

I felt my cheeks go red.

"I like someone else!" I pushed Apple Bloom away.

She faced my direction and started walking backwards. "Sureeeeeeeeeeee".

When Rarity finished we started our walk.

And I knew exactly where I wanted to take her.