Chapter 20 ~ The End?

a/n ;; apologies, i didn't add a trigger warning before. it's been a while since i've seen this book.

TW // suicide

Applejack's POV:

I was running. As fast as I have ever ran before. Rarity was leaving me.

I had yelled at Rainbow. "Shit, sorry AJ," she apologized. "I don't know what came over me..." Her face was red.

I didn't care. Before Rainbow could say anything else, I had bolted off.

Rarity's POV:

Tears were in my eyes, I heard Applejack running behind me. I knew exactly where I needed to be.

I went here every single weekend. I found myself soon climbing one of the tallest hills in Ponyville.

I wanted to be alone, not followed.

Rainbow's POV:

I sat against the concrete wall of the school, feeling defeated.

What is wrong with me? I asked myself. I had to face it, the truth. Applejack and I could never happen, as much as I wanted it to.

Did she even confess to liking me? I heard her talk about me in her dream. She probably never even did like me.

Me and my stupid assumptions. I probably ruined Applejack and Rarity's relationship forever. Another thing for Pinkie to get pissed at me at.

I walked home, I had already lost track of what direction Applejack ran to. I could probably catch up to them, if I really did care.

I didn't.

Twilight's POV:

In front of me laid the perfect Flutterdash Fanfiction. I had tossed my very important "gifted" homework aside to work on this.

Now I could see why Pinkie loved shipping people. I read over my writing to see if it was perfect enough.

Fluttershy laid on the hospital bed in front of me, I held onto her sweaty hand. The window behind her had the most beautiful sunset I had seen in ages. It captured Fluttershy's beauty. Tears rolled down her face as she groaned in pain.

The doctor ran in. "The baby is coming!" Her voice sounded alert and scared at the same time.

Rarity's POV:

"RARITY!" I heard Applejack's voice behind me. I didn't turn to her. I was at the highest point in all of Ponyville. And I was at the very edge.

If I took one step forward, I was sure to fall to my death.

"Go away Applejack!" I screamed.

"RARITY, PLEASE LET ME EXPLAIN!" I turned to her, so she could see how broken I was.

"You know Applejack? I had all my faith on you. When I saw that little spark in your eyes when you promised, I actually believed you. Just like how I believed everyone else in the world."

I hoped this was getting to Applejack. "No one would give a fuck if I disappeared. I've messed up everything. All I've been used for is for other people's entertainment."

Applejack's voice got softer. "Rares, y-you mean everything to me."

"So you go ahead and toy with my feelings by kissing Rainbow?"

"She kissed me first," she blurted out.

I raised an eyebrow and didn't say anything. Then the most surprising thing I could have ever imagined, happened.

Applejack started crying.

"I love you, Rarity. I've loved you for a long time. Words can't express how much I care about you. Please, whatever you do, don't step back." She wiped the tears off her face.

She had to be lying. She didn't love me. She was all acting because she didn't want to be blamed for my death.

"I'm so sorry," she mumbled.

But, Applejack was a horrible liar.

I was speechless.

Applejack then started walking towards me, so she was inches away from my face. If she really wanted to, she could have pushed me off the cliff.

Instead, she reached in for a kiss. Our lips touched, the kiss passionate.

In that moment, I knew exactly where I wanted to be.

With her.

In her arms.

When she pulled away, I hugged her, and bursted into tears on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry that I ever doubted you," I whispered.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Can you promise never to tell anyone else what happened? What I was about to do, I mean," I asked AJ. I pulled away, I was looking into her emerald eyes.

She nodded. "Of course, Sugarcube."

I reached in for another hug.

I was finally happy.